or Connect

Posts by dpw

Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoRon No Kidding - I think even for a small firm it is either 2 FTE or 2 1/2 time consultants , either of which costs at least $125k / year , each. Plus, they will likely have to hire independent auditors after that, which is another chunk of cash. I've recommended it in a few other threads, so sorry to , but it's a must read, IMO http://www.amazon.com/World-Curved-H...3677802&sr=8-1 very good...
Quote: Originally Posted by aportnoy Clueless...The expenses that go into researching and prodcuing a text book are enourmous. The business model sucks as you sink the prepublication and research expenses before you sell a single copy. Plus, your local campus bookstor is making a huge profit on the sale to you, not the publisher. Disclosure...I work (and have worked) for McGraw-Hill for 10+ years. Disclosure: writing textbooks is...
also love the blue - green and have one much like this made by brioni
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Not one city on that list in which I would choose to live, and there are many places I would live outside the us. I didn't read the methodology, but was boringness two thirds of the score? Edit: I decided to make my own list. My metrics were 1. Level of boredom 2. Is this place as cold as a witch's tit? 3. Are there tons of white people? 4. Are non white people mostly Asian and therefore non-threatening? 5....
Ben: I bought a Brioni, 40R in an oatmeal color from you about 2 years ago. It is such an unusual color and I always get complimnets on it. Thanks for the great service and a beautiful suit. dpw
Quote: Originally Posted by Fred49 close up battistoni shirt collar is grand underrated maker imo
as someone who has started and run 3 businesses and working on another start up (oddly enough it's a on line health care biz) nothing in obamas plan will prompt me to hire one single employee or borrow one dollar to expand the business. given his policies and public statements on business i don't have faith in a recovery coming any time soon. i need confident customers and growth oriented economic policies to expand my business. from my perspective i don't see obama's...
if the crticism continues the next thing you know Robert Gibbs will be talking about long standing, yet heretofore unknown, Obama back pain necessitating certain ortho stretches
Quote: Originally Posted by BoilerRoom That's exactly why manufacturing companies should receive heavy incentives to hire American workers...To offset the cost of labor. Of course..But these are high tech industries of the future. It's a lot better than giving tax incentives to buy gas-guzzling SUV's like Bush did. Yes, space ships are the future. I'll admit it. With the increasing cost of gas, air travel will only get more expensive. We...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt I hope this becomes a big scandal. I hate that woman. i concur..."hate that women" and "stupid" are on the mark. as for a scandal, i think not. hope springs eternal (not an obama exclusive) but we must not forget her icon status with empty headed feminist in the media, and the war chest of campaign contributions available to her for, shall we say... dem party persuasion.