or Connect

Posts by RFX45

Winders does seem simple but there are some complicated mechanical work in there. I figure the cheap ones you get at Brookstone that can cost $200-$300 for a dual winder that breaks down within weeks means it isn't as simple to make these machines. And I think almost all Brookstone winder reviews and experience I've read had it failing within months. I don't think any of them survive a year without any problems. Other cheap ones like Diplomat also gets a bad rep of being...
I was just teasing the regulars here. HRoi, what's your budget? Wolf Designs has a 50%-60% off sale like once a year. Take it for what it's worth but years ago I bought this $30-$40 generic winder and put a cheap automatic in there and it worked well enough for about 5 years? Sometimes I would just leave the watch in there for 6 months straight without touching and it kept it powered up. It isn't the quietest though so I wouldn't recommend it in the bedroom.
Maybe he prefers the Hublot on his wrist...
Pelagos is a great watch in person, you just can't grasp how matte that watch is. Really wish it was at least the same size as the Sub at 40mm.
YAKUSOU 2014 Holiday Collection
I wasn't implying it broke because it wasn't worn, the story was more to say that the watch could break anytime so just wear it, that's exactly what I told him after I heard the story. lol As you said, just unlucky, very unlucky. It just got me thinking because I do tend to manually wind my watch more than I wish I would since I tend to switch up my watch often. So it also got me curious if anyone had problems with manually winding their automatic watches often or any...
It's not an accent, that is the word "nike" written on top of the Z.
So you guys never had a problem or anything breaking when adjusting time and manually winding automatic movements? My friend had an AirKing he had in the safe that he doesn't wear often, he took it out after 8 months of no use and when he was winding it manually the crown stem snapped. Probably an exception than the norm but it just sucks hearing that. Sometimes it is kind of a pain to adjust every week with the screw down even without any complications or I might just...
Curious but any of you guys actually use a watch winder?