or Connect

Posts by Mariooo

I thought it was really good, with an excellent ending
saw her in "The Town" today.. umm no thanks...
Penhaligon's Sartorial
Yes agreed, of course I wasn't referring to streetwear... or having the term reduced to exaggerated optics... perhaps it didn't came across the way I intended it I was trying to give a translation whats written in Kluge/Duden plus explaining why it makes perfect sense for the german company to have them used the term.. I wasn't talking about the international etymology....
In the german speaking countries the term and the book cover fit pretty good the general idea of a dandyThe classic definition used in german dictionaries is of young guys who wear flashy and exaggerated clothes in public...But it's a term which is usually associated with people from the 18th/19th century..... flamboyant, peacocky, feminine, velvet slippers and that kind of stuffSo it is kind of different from the actual definition..At least that was my sense for as long...
You could have told him you're from the Hollow Earth Society and have some fun with that
Funny, I stumbled over this book at almost the same time Manton started the thread... I'm not interested in reading about the profiles/biographies/reasons etc... of the portrayed guys, but the pictures seem to be very nice.. not sure if I'll be ordering it.. I've enjoyed the other mentioned book, mostly for the great pictures, so who knows..
Serge Lutens Santal de mysore
Yes, Blade Runner and Alien are timeless masterpieces.... It's always sad seeing some highly influencial and great Directors past their glory days and producing not so good work... John Carpenter would also be a good example for that..ad Gladiator - I did write a not so positive review when it came out, but I can see why so much people love it...