or Connect

Posts by up1bin

Yeah, the suit looked and felt fine from the front when I took it to my tailor... didn't see how the back/side looked until I got back and decided to take the photos. I contacted Jeff regarding the suit, hopefully he will have some suggestions. At 5'8" 145lbs, I don't think I have that much of a freak body and most 36 have fit me well. I really do hope its a case of mislabeling because the suit is very nice for the price I paid and I'd really like to make it...
I had the same concern with my AE Fairfax - the width was actually on the snug side, but the length felt like I had too much room in the toe box. After many wearings, comfort is fine, but the creases on the toe area isnt as subtle as I would like... not sure if this is due to the length of the shoe.
I'm 5'8" and ~145lbs. Usually 36 suits are somewhat snug across the chest/shoulders but I can't jump to a 38 because my waist is barely a 30" and supposedly a recut is needed on a 32" pant. Not sure why this M. Valentino 36 is larger than other 36's I own... I thought it was supposed to be a slim fitting suit?
Ok, so it seems like either my tailor doesn't really know what he's doing OR doesn't want to mess with the extra work of possibly taking in 3 seams (2 sides and center)... Do you guys usually take in all 3 seams when suppressing side vent jackets or just the sides? I suppose it depends on the initial fit, but if/when I find a tailor who can do this job, I'd like to be informed enough to know if he's trying to take short cuts. On a side note, any suggestions on a...
I just received my M. Valentino suit from Jeff at Wizard of Ahhs (36S, notch lapel, 2 buttons, side vents) and promptly took it to my tailor. I was advised that although it is a very nice suit, I should return it because he could not suppress the waist properly. The reasons were: 1. He could not take in the side seams because it is a side vent suit and the seam and slit lines wouldn't match. 2. He couldn't take much from the center seam because the vents would...