or Connect

Posts by up1bin

Just an update on the suit - I contacted Jeff and he promptly asked that I return the suit so that he can take hand measurements, just to be sure he didn't mistakenly send me the wrong size. He also contacted M. Valentino to inquire about why the suit may have been so big. The problem was solved when M. Valentino clarified that this particular suit was the "Morpheus" model, which is their generous cut suit. Unfortunately, Jeff didn't have any of the slim-fit models on...
Just a FYI. Despite some of the suggestions, I bought the shoe since I needed something right away. Unfortunately didn't have the time to search/wait for ebay shoes to materialize. Anyway, I just wanted to post actual photos of the shoe. I hope to polish them up and see how they turn out.
Quote: Originally Posted by fcuknu not a bad last... Yeah, its the last that is making this shoe interesting. I wouldn't mind picking up a pair of AE park avenues, but the higher price + not very sleek is keeping me from doing so...
In terms of quality of BR shoes, are we looking something along the lines of Kenneth Coles, or worse?
I am in need of black captoe dress oxfords and came across these on the Banana Republic website. They are on sale right now for ~ $70. What do you guys think? Think its worth the $70?
I recently went to a local BB to try on the Fitzgerald. I tried a 38S, and the shoulders looked like I was wearing a jacket made for my 11 yr old nephew, while the waist looked like I was wearing a suit 2 sizes too large. The trousers fit was loose as well (seat, thighs, not that slim). The BB SA had me try a size 40, and it was way too large. I then tried the 38S Regent and the jacket fit much better. The pants were still loose, however, and the pleats didn't help...
Sorry, I can't help you with the button issue (I've never had a MOP button change colors like that in the wash/dry), but what fabric is that shirt? It looks really nice....
Quote: Originally Posted by dk123 To the OP, what is the pit-to-pit measurement on the jacket? The jacket also looks quite long for a 36S. What is the length of the jacket from bottom of collar? The length from bottom of collar to end is 29.5" and pit to pit (not sure if i measured the correct location) is 20.25". Not sure how to measure this stuff - do I stretch it taut before measuring or just leave it relaxed? I took relaxed...
I've had success w/ Sarar suits as well (I'm fairly on the slim side, but not quite as much as you are). They have locations in the Garden State Plaza in Paramus, NJ (just have to watch out for sales people that are kinda shady w/ the pricing math) and in Secaucus, NJ near the outlets. You just have to take advantage of their sales - I ended up getting a 2 button Super 150's navy w/ stripes for $290 and it fits better than all the other suits I've owned. Of course,...
A BB Fitzgerald can be had for $500??? Last I checked on the BB website, it was something like $1500 for two, which is still $750 per suit...