or Connect

Posts by up1bin

Why do you folks get monogramming on parts of shirts that cannot be seen? I think if you're gonna get monogramming, get it where it can be seen somewhat (flashes of cuff) or just don't get it at all. What's the point?
Furo, where are you located? I live in the NYC/Northern NJ area and would LOVE to find a tailor that would taper shirts for such a price... I'd bring in every single shirt I own
I definitely prefer to show the rolled edge on a TV fold. It adds some texture and depth to an otherwise minimalist fold. If not, then sometimes it can look like someone just stuffed a folded piece of paper in their pocket.
A lot of times, if the sides are blousy enough to require tapering, the sleeves generally need to be taken in as well (unless you have large arms). All my shirts I had taken in, my tailor takes in the sleeves. I think it would look out of balance if he didn't do that.
I pay ~$30 for taking in a dress shirt. $6.75 seems VERY low for such a job. My tailor takes it in starting from the sleeve all the way down the side seam. As long as it looks like a normal shirt w/ normal stitching when its all said and done, then its good enough.
Not sure if the sale still is going on, but you can try the Suiting Essentials line from Brooks Bros (slightly more than $300). I'm the same height as you (5'8") but weigh ~140 + 5lbs or so. I just came back from my fitting, and I think the initial fit was quite slim. I had to ask the tailor to let out the pants a bit cause it was too tight.
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but didn't want to start a new one on a simple question... Is it appropriate to mirror shine brown shoes? I've typically only seen it done on black shoes.
I ended up ordering a Made-to-Order Suiting Essentials (Regent cut) so that I can get a 38 jacket with size 30 pants. Unfortunately, it contains some synthetic material (not sure what it is), but I rather have a suit that fits well rather than one with good fabric. With the current sale and 15% discount, I ended up paying about $340, not a bad price IMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by Wes Bourne upbin1, mind if I ask your height/weight? I fluctuate between 140-145lbs and around 5'8" tall
This is my 2nd Jantzen shirt, the first was slightly too loose in the torso. The one thing I'm noticing is that when I raise my arms, the shoulders of the shirt raise up (red circled area of pic) and the sleeves also ride up. Does this mean that some other part of my shirt is sized wrong? Maybe I have sloped shoulders? (I specified regular shoulder in the order) The fabric is real nice, but doesn't quite come up in the photos. Light blue royal herringbone,...