or Connect

Posts by up1bin

Quote: Originally Posted by UnFacconable I think I (or more likely my parents) lost my social security card between 10 and 15 years ago. Why anyone would carry it around is beyond me, but I don't have any reason to go get a new card either. As long as you remember the nine digits, the card doesn't serve any function that I can recall. Have you ever applied to and got a job? Employers require their newly hired employees to come in with their...
Quote: Originally Posted by Despos Did you try the suit on at the store when you picked it up? I did, but unfortunately I couldn't directly see the back - only at angles. The BB folks told me it looked perfect... The fit felt better than most suits I owned, so I assumed it was. How do most folks determine if the back of their suits are acceptable? Most of my friends mostly don't even own suits, let alone know what a "good" fit looks like.
Quote: Originally Posted by Despos Pretty much need to take the back out, reshape/recut the back and put some skilled tailoring into the garment. Find the right guy and you'll have a nice suit. Is this major surgery on the suit? I'm not sure to what extent BB is willing to tailor this suit for free. I live in the NYC area - would you have an idea of approx. how much reshaping/recutting the back would cost?
Quote: Originally Posted by LawrenceMD is this a black colored suit? (if so i hope its for formal stuff) Yeah, it actually is a black suit. This suit is for my wedding, and my fiancee pretty much said I could get whatever I wanted, as long as it was black. Their navy was reaaaal dark, to the point it was almost black, but she said "no dice".
Anyone? Is this even a problem?
I just received my BB Suiting Essentials (SE) suit after about 4 weeks from placing the order. The Fitzgerald would not fit and the Regent only had pleated trousers, so I had no choice but to go SE. Since it was made-to-order, I chose flat front, double vent, 2-button, pick-stitch (looks very machine-done, but also subtle and barely noticeable so I kinda like it). I picked it up for about ~$330 and it included all tailoring (hems, sleeves, suppressing the waist, brace...
Chorse, I remember a separate thread where you mentioned sterling tie bars would be available soon. Can you provide any updates on when they would be available for purchase?
I am putting my AE Fairfax up for sale. It's size 7D in Chestnut color. Still in very good condition, I've worn it to work about ~10 times (I bought it new not too long ago). Shoe trees not included. I'll also throw in the AE chestnut premium polish that I have left. It's been shoe tree'd since the day I bought it and never worn on consecutive days. I maintained the hell out of it always (alternating the use of AE premium polish and kiwi wax polish). I am asking $95...
The waist suppression seems a little bit on the severe side. Or is this how a jacket should fit?
I don't care for monogramming, so I don't want it to be seen. But I'm just curious to know why one would get monogramming at all if it cannot be seen? Is it so that you can find it if it gets lost?