or Connect

Posts by Butler

Well, I know they are hated here (except for BT) and there are well known advantages and disadvantages - not looking good when your hands are in the pockets versus a beautiful back drape etc etc - I do not use it much, but sometimes.....
Challenge X-post: Steven Hitchcock garbardine SB no vent summer suit - Turnbull & Asser pink shirt - Hermes tie - Lobb tassels
Steven Hitchcock garbardine SB no vent summer suit - Turnbull & Asser pink shirt - Hermes tie - Lobb tassels Worn yesterday, but no camera around, so old pic!
You are quite right - it´s an old pic, and has long been corrected!
Thanks - and you have a sharp eye:) It is a pocket watch, but I forgot to remove my wrist watch for this shoot
With a shawl collar obviously it is less likely to be taken for an odd jacket, but probably as a smoking jacket, which is also not correct BT attire outside your club, or as you say in your own home.
Not if used for BT - there would be no way one could differentiate it from a casual odd jacket!
Source The Journal of StyleNot warmer IMO, but this is where the backless waistcoat helps!Well that is how my family has been doing it for generations, (and it is not a satin but gros grain lapel) - the velvet set up, by the way, is to-day accepted BT all the way up to and including (private) royal occasions - a self faced lapel, shawl or peak, is however never accepted as correct.
Here is how I do it:Steven Hitchcock velvet SB no vent with gros grain lapels and gros grain backless waistcoat, Turnbull & Asser shirt, Imperial collar by BuddSource The Journal of Style
I always get a roll to lower button a n d a second jigger button, which leaves me with the option to do both as demonstrated here!