or Connect

Posts by Butler

Very strange, as the tailor would normally add any changes from the last successful garment to the paper pattern - that's the whole point of it!
'Old-mannish' is ok with 66 year old me :-)
Springtime at the old Fortress; DV tweedcoat with suede accents from Steven Hitchcock, moleskin trousers from Cordings, a cashmere tie from Teo Grimaldi, T&A shirt, silk crêpe PS from Grundwald, Harvie & Hudson sweather, bespoke nubucks from John Lobb (St. James’s), shades from Retrosuperfuture Photo: Journal of Style:...
Springtime at the old Fortress; DV tweedcoat with suede accents from Steven Hitchcock, moleskin trousers from Cordings, a cashmere tie from Teo Grimaldi, T&A shirt, silk crêpe PS from Grundwald, Harvie & Hudson sweather, bespoke nubucks from John Lobb (St. James’s), shades from Retrosuperfuture Photo: Journal of Style:...
Springtime at the old Fortress; DV tweedcoat from Steven Hitchcock with suede accents, moleskin trousers from Cordings, a cashmere tie from Teo Grimaldi, T&A shirt, silk crêpe PS from Grundwald, Harvie & Hudson sweather, bespoke nubucks from John Lobb (St. James’s), shades from Retrosuperfuture Photo: Journal of Style:...
Don't leave the bottom button on a DB waistcoat unbuttoned!
here is how I do it (by Steven Hitchcock/John Lobb)
Is that the same as a 'stroller'? I believe you once posted a beautiful example.[/quote]Yes, Stroller in the US - Black jacket I the UK - Stresemann in Germany - and thank you
Yes. I'm no expert, but I think they descend from the daytime equivalent of formal eveningwear (the name of which escapes me at the moment). But either way, I agree: Single button, flap or jet pockets is best. Further, whereas on a notch lapel jacket, single or dual vent is a matter of taste, for peak lapel I think dual vent has a vast, universal superiority. YMMV.[/quote] City Dress - Black jacket with cashmere striped trousers