or Connect

Posts by zackwool

256 vs 240. the 256 get's a ton of love on here, but I can't find much about the 240. The set up is a bit different, but the dimension are similar. I'm carrying an 11" MB Air along with other smaller stuff so size-wise both would work. Just wondering what others think of the 240 as I can't go compare them in-person. Thanks
256 vs 240. the 256 get's a ton of love on here, but I can't find much about the 240. The set up is a bit different, but the dimension are similar. I'm carrying an 11" MB Air along with other smaller stuff so size-wise both would work. Just wondering what others think of the 240 as I can't go compare them in-person. Thanks
I came across the Wolves Union website somehow: http://thewolvesunion.com They look and sound like a nice pair of jeans. I see very little info on them any where but their site.... I think they're pretty new. Does anyone know anything about these or have any experience with them? Thanks
I was just doing a bit more research and came across an interesting fact. The AO's were released in 1958 and the Ray-Ban Caravan's were released in '57. The Caravans were not officially supplied to the military as far as I know, but they actually made before either of the other two options... and yet they catch flak for being "copycats"... no they weren't military-issue but they were out before the others were even on the table. All three are great glasses.
Another difference, and the deal breaker for me (seeing that they are so similar in every other way) is that AO's are the original. RE's came on the scene later. It was AO's that Neil Armstrong wore on his trip to the moon and it was AO's that were issued before RE's. RE has done a great job with their marketing/ product placement over the last few years... but AO's are the authentic originals. In fact, Drapper would have been wearing AO's as RE's weren't around yet...
I've been wondering about those STF 501 selvedges as well. They don't make them any longer than 34 inch inseam for some reason though.
Yeah, very interesting. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by whatever123 it doesnt matter. its the net man. take what you want and leave the rest...think of it like a bad vegas buffet having said that, can you kindly describe the smell? thanks. I guess you're serious about the smell? Well, I haven't washed them in 2 1/2 months...but I've gone 6 months in the past with raw denim. And interestingly these do smell a little worse that past projects. But it's nothing a...
I've been through a similar journey as some of you. My wife and I used to live in West Africa and I started working towards minimalism almost out of necessity. Well, we're back in the States now, and I'm trying to figure out how and what to do with it all here. It's a fun journey. I don't have time to go into it here, but I started a blog on simplicity around the basic idea of being able to fit everything necessary into one backpack. Take a look if you have time. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Robert Lighten up, Francis. Robert, I've been dealing with trash talking from the first post on this thread..and have addressed it very little, so sorry if I'm a little on edge by now.