or Connect

Posts by BBC

This is a pair of Crockett & Jones Westfield sold through Tom James. When sold through Tom James, the C&J Westfield is known as the Barton. Instead of the usual 341 last on the Westfield, these are on the 330 last. The shoes are in very good condition. The uppers are thick, full grain calf and just have a couple of very minor dings on the right toe (pictured below). The outsoles have 80%+ of their life remaining - only in one or two places has the sole started to...
Since they're all pretty close in size - $25 for one, $45 for two or $63 for all three Gant Salty Dog madras. 100% cotton. Third collar button and locker loop. Excellent condition - no flaws not inherent to the fabric. Made in India. Tagged: Large Chest: 46" Sleeves: 33.75" Price: $25.00 shipped in CONUS or actual abroad Stanley Blacker madras. 100% cotton, hand woven. Third collar button. Condition is excellent - no flaws not inherent to the fabric. Made...
Just to get the thread back on track, some recent thrift finds over the past two months. Today's find was a pair of C&J black wingtips, but no pics yet. Kiton Cashmere Alden shell lhs Alden shell monks Willis & Geiger G-1 Zelli croc loafers
Same color
This is a fantastic pair of Keith Highlander burgundy shell cordovan shortwings in size 9C. These are vintage shoes and easily surpass the build quality of Alden. The shell cordovan is very thick, the double-thickness leather soles are extra thick (almost feels and looks like a triple leather sole), and the shoes have v-cleats...if it gives an idea, the shoes weigh 3 lbs! (seriously "big and heavy"). Made in USA. The shoes have been worn very sparingly. The shell is...
drop
A pair of the AE Fifth Street bal boots that never made it into full production, 11E. BIN $89 http://cgi.ebay.com/Allen-Edmonds-Fi...item230fb97f13
I'd try contacting him again. He might prove more amenable to some kind of settlement than you think (at least I like to think such nice things about SF sellers/buyers). Quite possibly he bought the suit from a thrift store/consignment and didn't realize himself that it wasn't a suit. Best case scenario is he refunds you the original price, but I don't think you can really expect him to pay for the alterations.
drop