or Connect

Posts by BBC

Quote: Originally Posted by Hages I have back-up shoes at my office so thanks, I am not swagggering at the moment! Does the soles look replaced? The heels aren't too old either! The 9-10 seems like the soles are larger than the uppers(8.5)??? The shape of the shoe doesn't look deformed although people need to use shoe horns!! Again, any suggestions on the laces? 9-10 on the soles has nothing to do with sizing - it refers to the...
This is a pair of Crockett & Jones for Polo Ralph Lauren full-strap loafers. Bench Made in England. The uppers, soles, and heel caps all have moderate wear - there's about 75-80% of life remaining in the soles and the heel caps have about another 25% of wear before needing to be replaced. The uppers have no significant scratches, tears, etc - the leather is in great condition. Tagged size: 10.5D Outsole length: 12 1/8" Outsole width: 4" Insole length: 11...
drop
another drop
No mention as of yet as to the price or number of new models. AE will be rolling out 3 new lines this year - the Independence Collection (new, high-end line), the Rough Collection (outdoorsy, casual), and Crosstown 2.0 (rubber-soled shoes for under $200)
Quote: Originally Posted by ruben For a "one loafer" I'd think the more traditional looking loafers, like the BB LHS and the Polo Dalton would be best. I prefer them anyways, but they also work much better casually than some of the sleeker shoes posted above. This. An Alden lhs, Polo Darlton, or similar is quite a bit more versatile than sleek-lasted loafers (I've got both). If you're going for sleek then you might as well wear lace...
drop
This is a pair of Allen Edmonds "Chukka" model boots. The "Chukka" model was made from fall 1995-spring 1997. The chukkas are in "black cherry" shell cordovan that has faded to a more desireable mahogany color (like Alden's #4). The chukkas are in excellent condition and were only worn about 10 times before being stored for all these years. The shell is still supple. There is very little evident wear - the uppers have just some faint creasing on the vamp and a couple...
drop
Quote: Originally Posted by cptjeff As for the $12 item, if you're not willing to knock off $3, don't use best offer. When you use that option, it means you're flexible on price. Being willing to knock 50 cents off a $12 item is not being flexible. $3 is 25%, which falls, to me, within the reasonable range. If you can't get to the point of at least, say, a 15% discount, just list your price and stick with it. The $12 tie did NOT have a...