or Connect

Posts by damnthings

Not bad suggestions so far. Definitely forgot to add those to my list. Any other suggestions? I love all those things, but I've found that some things have gotten stale.
Hey All, Summer is starting up, and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for fun things to do? So far I've already got massive quantities of grilling, frisbee, swimming, and the beach on my list, but I was wondering what other summer activities should be added to the list? (By the way, I live in Connecticut). Thanks!
Build up your technique before you work on your endurance. Being tense is fine... you want a body tone of 7/10, with 10 being like an "army man" and 1 being sloppy. With more swimming you'll get better with this. Work on rotating. Do 6-10 kicks on one side, then rotate to the other hip. So say, start on your left side, kick (initiate from the core), do three strokes, then kick on the other side. Remember to "snap" your hips from side to side. Keep working...
Also, when you breath try to only have one goggle out of the water. Curl your mouth so that you can breath. This will help keep your head in line and help you fit your breath into your stroke cycle without disrupting it. Make sure that you keep a firm, not tense, body tone when you swim, but especially when you breath. A lot of people lose their "line" when they breath. Losing your line means your form gets sloppy and you basically create the unwanted, and...
Just some things to think about... Always reach out and extend You don't actually pull with your arms, but with your body... initiate from the hips and the core.Your arms are there to "freeze" the water, and you use the power of your core to rotate and vault over that pivot point. Rotate from side to side. Swimming "Flat" creates unwanted resistance Notice your head position. Keep it neutral, do not look "up" at the other wall Remember to kick Make sure...
10K a day. My hair is dead.
Tapout kids wearing tapout shirts
Crocs.
Quote: Originally Posted by tigerFormula This is like comparing apples and oranges. It is like comparing apples to oranges. One is significantly better. Oranges.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rosenberg i thought you used mostly shoulders in the fly...? True. I was just pulling out an example. Swimming is mostly hip/shoulder/body driven depending on who you are. benching (Working the chest and tris) help.