or Connect

Posts by Verso

Thanks for your reply. Does anyone else have any suggestions or should I pull the trigger?
This post is also posted in the Kent Wang thread. If it's against the rules to post it in two places, please let me know and I will delete it.Here are the pictures of my Kent Wang trial suit. I'm grateful for any comments you may have. My only observation is that the button point is at least an inch (3-4cm) above my navel, and I think the jacket should be lengthened by a corresponding amount.Here are the comments from the Kent Wang MTM person (Aaron) on these...
Here are the pictures of my trial suit. I'm grateful for any comments you may have. My only observation is that the button point is at least an inch (3-4cm) above my navel, and I think the jacket should be lengthened by a corresponding amount.Here are Aaron's comments on these pictures:Thanks for any help you can offer.
I had some done at Spiro's on Danforth a few years back for $50 per with handsewn buttonholes. I was completely satisfied. I suspect Xavier at 10 St. Mary's Street would also do it, although I've never asked him to.
Au Pied de Cochon
I bike to and from work in a suit every day that the weather allows it. If it's very hot, I don't wear a jacket, but my preference is to either wear all of the parts of my suits or none at all. I wear those leg strap things to keep my trousers away from the chain. I don't worry too much about sweat because I'm commuting, not racing, and because I'm not out of shape. The minimal exertion from biking at a normal pace poses no more risk to my suit than the...
I love mine! Everybody says "You'll recapture that fun childhood feeling of running barefoot" and in my experience it's absolutely true. But be sure to take a reasonable amount of time to build up your foot and calf strength if you're new to running in them. And remember that a reasonable amount of time is always more time than you'll think it is while you're high on running endorphins. First time I ran in them, I just did a few laps around the neighbourhood. ...
Chest out; navel in.
Looking to buy cashmere or wool (or blended) ties, particularly in grey, navy and/or purple hues. Please PM with photos. Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by Will That's a basketweave. If the blue were black it would be close enough. Thanks Will. I love your blog, by the way. Quote: Originally Posted by tlmusic Have you seen this thread discussing wedding ties? I have, thanks. But I did not see an unambiguous statement in that thread as to whether a blue and silver woven tie like the one above would qualify as a wedding tie. Am I...