or Connect

Posts by mjHession

Model: 1st generation iPad 16gb wifi Condition: 9.5/10 (mint, but used) Sale Includes: iPad, case, and both original boxes Price: $325 shipped Payments Accepted: paypal gift, regular accepted +3% Possible Trades: None Shipping Methods Available (Ships From): USPS Priority, All other costs at buyers expense; express, signature required, insurance, etc. (croydon, PA) Shipping Available To: Worldwide, outside CONUS shipping extra Item location: Croydon, PA (outside...
Quote: Originally Posted by NOBD The second one seems really nice, but I have an old 70-300 of which I use the 200-300mm reach a lot (in the zoo, for instance), so I'd rather have an update with that same reach. For a cheap upgrade I highly recommend an old 100-300 f/5.6L. They can be had anywhere from $250 - $450, I got mine for $350 I think. While the AF is not nearly as fast as USM, and f/5.6 is slower then ideal, the optics are super...
Quote: Originally Posted by NOBD Yes. My 17-85mm was my favourite lens. I "need" the versatility of that lens. The 15-85mm has the same characteristics but is better; for me, for now, that lens is the obvious choice. And indeed: http://i.imgur.com/KDQer.jpg (Battery is loading, so I have to wait before I can play...) I'm sure you'll love it, what was your previous body? I havn't heard too much about the 60D, but from what I have read it...
Quote: Originally Posted by NOBD Too late... So did you end up with the 60d and 15-85?
Quote: Originally Posted by NOBD I have the Canon 50mm 1.8II, Canon 100mm Macro 2.8 and some old zooms. But I almost always use(d) the 17-85mm (which died a few days ago). I second the prime suggestion. if you need a zoom to pair with the primes, look into the 28-75 2.8, it can be had for about $300 - $350, about the same price as the primes, you'd find the 50 1.4 to be much better then the 1.8 II. I dont own a 85 1.8, but I am slightly in...
^^ Damn got excited for a second.
Quote: Originally Posted by mossrockss Essentially, triangles are very pleasing to the eye. When you're photographing people, the best poses involve lots of triangles- (explanation). Heck, when you're photographing anything, triangles will draw your eye in. See my marked-up photo of yours and witness the power of the triangle! this is complete innumeracy, to use a John Allen Paulos term. The triangle is such a basic geometric shape you...
Quote: Originally Posted by luftvier Fall shopping with the wife. Bonus obligatory iGent bathroom shot and debut of new iGent felt flower. I love your seemingly endless collection of BB knit ties. This one pairs great with the colors elsewhere, well done.
Quote: Originally Posted by luftvier If you were wearing this with jeans and Chucks, I'd say home run. How's that Macallan? Thank god the weather's finally turning. Gun club check time. You killed it with this. Real nice.
Quote: Originally Posted by luftvier Fall's finally here. I thought I didn't really like the tie, on the close up, but for a distance, it doesn't look so busy. I like.