Posts by MBreinin

Quote: Originally Posted by niidawg3 - did you move the buttons back? the choice of pocket square is top notch (really nicely done). this SP is really great, IMO. Thanks. And, no, the buttons are in the same place, essentially. I asked him to fix a couple that were crooked...although one still is. I did not move them out any further though. Quote: Originally Posted by UrbanComposition Apologies in advance for...
Silk is seen as a traditional spring and summer fabric. However, it is the world's best insulator. So, unless the weave is very open, it is HOT. I have no problem wearing something made from, or made with silk in colder months. Cashmere can be very light and comfortable in hotter months. I have a sky blue SC that is 100% cashmere and the color says SS, although you could probably wing it in FW in the warmer climes, like where I live. Mike
Quote: Originally Posted by cronicmole I think Jay's fit is good Really? You like that 4 inch break piled on his shoes?
Quote: Originally Posted by acridsheep Well, it is obviously not a hard 3 buttoner. Maybe it is your posture, but in the added pic it seems to be doing something in the middle now that you unbuttoned it. Mike
Quote: Originally Posted by Dewey Jacket lapels should cover the outer edges of your shirt collar and your collar points 85-95% of the time. There are cases (BD collars, days without collar stays, etc.) where this won't happen and it looks okay. This is not a current fashion but a very old principle. See Roetzel's Gentleman book, IIRC it even has a little picture going over this. You are forgetting the Club Collar. At most, the...
Here is a little bonus series for Monday....think of it as some sorbet between courses. Mike
Quote: Originally Posted by acridsheep It's a 3 roll 2, but the bottom button disappears in this photo. Unbutton the top button, shoot again and report back. Mike
Quote: Originally Posted by banis Very nice, Banis. Quote: Originally Posted by acridsheep 'Nuther spread, and moleskin SC acquired through B&S. Happy Monday. Oooh, and pocket square by Acridsheep. I would like to see this without the top button fastened. Colors are nice, fit looks pretty good and I see a SF approved knot and collar. Mike
Quote: Originally Posted by harvey_birdman I know I'm late for the FU sport coat post, but I just got this back from the tailor with alterations. It's a deep maroon, almost purple colour. It's an Anderson-Little vintage piece I picked up at a thrift store a few weeks ago. Yeah, I could probably shorten the trousers up an inch. I am going to have to file a motion for sanctions, Harvey. The tie and square are clearly ethical violations....
I don't see much pull of the lapels. I do see a suit that has some very closed quarters, a relatively high buttoning point and a tie that needs to be retired. Get a shirt with a wider spread and you should be fine with this jacket. Also, as one who used to take pics in the mirror all the time, Windex does wonders. Mike