or Connect

Posts by Macallan9

If old people can do it, it is NOT a sport. Golf = not a sport. It's a leisure activity. Like wine tasting.
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing I dislike Korean food. Lots of things thrown together to make a crude amalgaration. Kimchee is offensive. What about Korean BBQ? It's just meat and rice with some side dishes.
Bah, SField said everything already and better than I could.
Quote: Originally Posted by matadorpoeta let's take the hamburger. what is a hamburger like? i'm talking about a hamburger a poor person would buy, not the $12 burger at a pub. how fresh is the meat? what preservatives are in the bread? how about the mustard and ketchup? made at home or in a factory? (and the fake cheese!) good chili takes a lot of time and good ingredients to make. i doubt you can sell it that cheap as to be eaten by peasants. are...
Quote: Originally Posted by SField Most regions have something that is unique to them. Look at the different styles of chilli... bagels, BBQ (differs by region), then the seafood culture of New England, New Orleans has incredible food. You also have brisket, Chicago style hot dogs, deep dish, the hamburger... Exactly. It's not possible to point out a national brand of peasant food, because America cannot be generalized like that. Some other...
Quote: Originally Posted by matadorpoeta name some american peasant food that is truly national. something that if you got to l.a. or nyc or atlanta, chicago, seattle, pittsburgh, americans are eating this a lot because they are poor. name it. it's going to be something processed, in a box, in a sealed bag, or a can, frozen or full of preservatives. You're not getting the point..... In any case, the thread is getting derailed. Back on...
Quote: Originally Posted by matadorpoeta i don't think peasants in california eat those things. especially if they are not black. It's a bit hypocritical of you to condemn someone for not experiencing a wide enough range of mexican food, then turning around and localizing all american peasant food to california. America is a gigantic place - what poor people eat in california is nothing like what they eat in the deep south. And by the way -...
Widths on ties and what sizes do the belts fit?
Quote: Originally Posted by sm1810 Positive experience feedback.. Bought a Kiton tie from vesses arrived promptly, in excellent condition. Very friendly PMs -- 100% trusted many thanks Yo can everyone stop posting stupid positive feedback? We wants moar distinctive vs fuuma. Quote: Originally Posted by btinl You can take the boy out of the south, but you can't take the Socal out of the boy. FTFY
Quote: Originally Posted by madaboutshirt What sort of bars do you guys go to? 1 round of drinks cost up to a few hundred dollars? This is for how many people? Beers in Sydney's top bars cost about 10 bucks each and cocktails for about $25. Back to the topic, I don't think I ever bought drinks for a female stranger at a bar before. Then again I don't go clubbing very often. However I have bought beverages and dinner for girls I just met for the...