or Connect

Posts by FLMountainMan

I'm not saying the penny is necessary, but cash certainly is. I think you would have to be low intelligence to not understand the problems in doing away with currency entirely.
Carrying the torch for Stitches these days?
I honestly don't think that with some silly "we're losing everything we have!" mindset. I just read it a lot, especially older books (17 and 1800's) and it's funny to me how our perceptions and values have changed and how the narrative of the past is crafted. And it's fun to think about what people in the future will think (Chuck Klosterman has written an interesting book about this exact thing).Klosterman's best example is that rock and rap will be like jazz or...
If anyone doubts that whites have some Neanderthal DNA, I think Ron Perlman is strong evidence for it.
Off topic, I give it a 50/50 chance that in a hundred years they'll be tearing down all the statues of football coaches. For reasons like "football was a violent exploitation of minorities for the benefit of white males." Oddly enough, if I'm somehow alive, I won't be too upset about it.
I stopped watching that stuff. Having kids now, it scares the hell out of me that they could be facing that at some point. We seem to be having a brief lull in mass shootings, but I'm sure they'll pick up again at some point.
How long is an appropriate time to hold it against the school? We complain about the excessive attention paid to football and yet condemn the entirety of what is a rather large university for the actions of a few men in the football program.
I hate Urban Meyer, so this worked out pretty well.
Two points: Jabril Peppers isn't hurt, he's sitting Derwin James is better and has been out since week 2
But it isn't even the rural states (and I used that term in my initial post, so I'm not attacking you for using it). California, Illinois, Massachusetts, and New York could pretty much run the rest of the country if the popular vote were established. So federal politicians would have no incentive to listen to anyone else. The Founders couldn't have conceived of how the pace of urbanization would increase.