or Connect

Posts by Timeless Fashion

Quote: Originally Posted by allaboutshoes Brooks brothers slim fit non-iron on sale. They come out to about $55 each and theyre perfect for traveling. I also just started wearing Charles Tyrwhitt non iron slim fits. they are very good and i pay the usual 4/$199 How do the CT slim fit shirts compare to the BB slim fit shirts in terms of fit? Are they just as blousy?
Quote: Originally Posted by Ace_Face Don't be afraid of seconds. It is doubtful that you will be able to tell what makes them seconds and no one else will be able to either. Should be able to get a solid black oxford second for low two hundreds from AE. If your budget is $500, you have enough for two pairs so you can rotate and alternate styles. +1 You can get a black Park Avenue and a dark brown Fifth Avenue for $500. You can go for...
Quote: Originally Posted by ILikeBacon When you listed PRL, I'm guessing you mean PRL custom fit? And if RLPL is so baggy, is it even worth buying (off SF or at outlets) and tailoring? RLPL may have exclusive fabric that you can't get elsewhere. If the fit is close, you can easily get the shirts altered.
Have you checked out your local Brooks Brothers? Go and try on a 1818 Regent and Fitzgerald at BB. If you can wait for a sale, you can get them for ~ $500. PRL suits are pretty decent, but I would try to find a RL store to try them on for fit. If they fit you and you can get them for less than $500, then go for it. For best fit, you will want to find a good alterations tailor.
I don't think it matters either way and it is based on your preference. I have a custom blazer with surgeons cuff, but I hardly gave it any thought as all my custom jackets have functional sleeve buttons.
Quote: Originally Posted by k4lnamja Going to resurrect this thread. Regarding sizing, does this last typically run tight/narrow versus loose/wide? What last is it? I cant seem to find this info. Here's an example. I tried on a 9.5 D Park Ave's and they were tight on the size. WIll I experience this with the Clifton's? cheers They are on the 8 last and they fit a bit wide. A 9.5 D Cliftons may fit better if 9.5D PAs were tight.
Well made conservative suits - even better if you get them at a deep discount.
Quote: Originally Posted by acecow Just got back from NY. I was there as a tourist, so I walked much more than 2-3 miles a day. After 3 days I had blisters on my toes, because my shoes creased more than usual (I didn't have my shoe trees with me). My point? I'm not really sure... But at home, when I rotate my shoes and keep shoe trees in I never have problems walking long distances in them. Also, I would recommend a shoe with softer...
HSM suits are "Made in USA", so most people consider them to be better constructed than suits made overseas (e.g. Jos A Bank suits). They are usually fused, though some people have commented that the Gold Trumpeter line is half-canvassed. I don't think $400 is a great deal for an HSM suit, but if you need it in a solid color, in charcoal, and it fits well on you, then I'd say go for it. If you can spend a little extra money, I would get a Hickey Freeman Madison suit...
Quote: Originally Posted by Duco The slim-fit versions of the Hugo Boss v-necks, round necks and cardigans are really slim-fit. In the Netherlands most shops sell the Hugo Boss slim fit Mediums to people that normally wear Small. I can assure you that they fit very slim. I would agree that slim-fit HB sweaters fit a size smaller than labelled.