or Connect

Posts by Timeless Fashion

I appreciate the helpful tips on getting around HK. Just got some pricing from Gordon Yao. 3 piece tuxedo prices start at $2250 for VBC and $2800 for British fabric (H&S, Minnis, Lesser). Prices seem a little steep to me. Is this a reasonable price for a tuxedo? Chan has not replied back with a price quote.
I appreciate all the excellent comments. Gordon Yao has been quite responsive with my emails. Unfortunately the person answering emails for Chan (no longer Ferdinand Kok) does not seem as responsive to my email questions. It is good to know that Gordon Yao has his son working with him. Hopefully he is as good as his father and will carry on the business when Gordon retires. I hope to get a chance to meet Eric Yao during my visit. I am hoping to order a tuxedo during...
I am planning to visit Chan and Gordon Yao for suits and possibly Ascot Chang for shirts. I have ordered from Chan and Gordon Yao during their US tour, but with no fittings. I want to see if I can get a few fittings in during my HK visit. What can I expect from my first visit and the following visits at their HK store locations? Will they re-measure me or just use my previous measurements? If I choose a fabric from one of their books, how quickly can they get the...
Any advice on a good 20" B&R carry-on?
I usually hang out in the MC section and am new to the S&D forum. As a novice to raw denims, I just purchased my first pair of APC NS at an APC store. I went down 2 inches and the waist fits fine as well as the thigh although it feels pretty tight/snug. The length is a couple of inches long and I plan to eventually hem them, but the APC SAs recommended I wait until after the 6 month break-in period and after the first dry clean before getting them hemmed. Is this a...
It's good to hear they will be using the horn buttons standard. It should be a nice upgrade from the plastic buttons.
Outlet shopping is not for everyone and for OP who needs some guidance, I can see how Bicester is not the best choice. After owning several suits, then a place like Bicester would be OK if you don't mind the tour group mobs. Just saw a nice charcoal RLBL 3-piece suit for 399 quids at Bicester but was one size too large for me, so I passed. Also saw a cashmere unlined RLPL blazer for 500 quids, though I didn't like the black color, though it probably would work for...
Anyone know if the F+F sdiscounts usually apply to online clearance items and items at their Factory outlet stores?
Nialma is OK for the price. IIRC, their shirt prices start at $100+ after shipping. If you get 4 shirts, there may be a price break. I don't think you can compare Modern Tailor to Nialma as they are in different price ranges. You can't expect a shirt ordered online to fit as well as one ordered from an experienced tailor who measures you in person and looks at your posture, body asymmetry, etc. I found Nialma's shirt fabric quality to be much better than MT's cheaper...
Quote: Originally Posted by dragon8 I didn't order anything on the tour but saw him in January and had a suit made up which I think was a bit less than $750. Perhaps his prices for local HK customers are lower than for customers from the US tour.