or Connect

Posts by youdee

Quote: Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight I got this in the end and Ultra sun all day 20 My one reservation with the Loreal is it doesnt have the UVA star rating or % The Ultrasun is 91% protection against UVA so very very good for aging. I'll aternate the two L'oreal has a PPD of 20 which would place it at a 5-star UVA rating which blocks 93% of UVA rays.
Quote: Originally Posted by bankboss I want to also relieve some of the lines as well as lighten up the circles under my eyes, dont know what to use for that though. Try reading through these: http://scform.blogspot.com/2009/04/eye-treatments.html http://scform.blogspot.com/2009/04/r...must-have.html
Some of the 'crap' from Walmart is really good! Adding a retinoid as a night cream and decent sunscreen to your regime would brighten up your face, fade wrinkles and deal with breakouts. If you're not prepared to see a dermatologist you can buy an over-the-counter retinoid from Avene or Skinceuticals - both of whom make formulations that rival prescription retinoids. Neutrogena Healthy Skin is another excellent option for those who have never used a retinoid before, it has...
L'oreal Solar Expertise (Matte Formula) has a nice matte finish and extremely high UVA/UVB protection, much moreso than any of the others suggested so far. It's about £7 at Boots.
Not even movie stars have 'movie star clear skin' but there are plenty of things you can do to keep your skin clear and healthy: If you're older than 25 use retinoids. Retinol is a proven anti-ageing ingredient that will thicken the inner layers of skin and plump out wrinkles and fine lines. Moisturise straight after showers on damp skin. Drinking water doesn't hydrate your skin, your skin is at it's most hydrated after a warm shower so moisturise straight after your...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fat-Elvis Anyone know what PPD the Olay Complete 15spf has? Had a look on a suncreen simulator and it looks like it's between 6 and 8. Great for sensitive skin that only has incidental or short sun-exposure.
A high SPF is pretty useless unless it's backed up by a strong PPD rating which will protect you from UVA-induced ageing and sun damage. Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF55 probably has some of the best protection you're likely to find in the states - high protection, oil control and shouldn't break you out as long as you wash it off thoroughly. There are more suggestions here.
Quote: Originally Posted by Taxler Retin A is the thing that most dermatologist will say is prooven to work, but it requires a prescription. Retinol is a dilluted off-the-shelf substitute that may or may-not do anything. Retinol is effective but it must be converted first to retinaldehyde before absorption. There are quite a few retinaldehyde products available over the counter that are clinically proven to work well including Skinceuticals,...
-Phytessence Wakame: supposedly inhibits the action of hyaluronidase, leaving more hyaluroic acid and your skin happier. I'd pass on that one. -Hyaluroic acid: it's in your skin and keeps it looking good. Used in moisturisers it keeps your skin nice and supple as it attracts water to the skin. L'oreal Derma-genesis is an affordable line that contains high concentrations of this. -Collagen: protein in connective tissue. You can't apply this topically for any effect,...
Quote: Originally Posted by mikey34 youdee- how often should I use the ddf sulfur therapeutic mask? Whenever you need to, no more often than once a week. Quote: Originally Posted by Faktum Hey man, love your blog. A couple of topic that would be tight: -Best hair wax -Best shampoo -Best way to get rid of monobrow:P -Best way to get rid of nose and ear hear=P -Step by step exfolidating tips for dry skin. -How to...