or Connect

Posts by youdee

Does anyone know of a brand that does biker jackets made of soft and thin leather rather than the usual bulky/stiff kind? I saw someone wearing a slouchy, deconstructed one today and it looked cool - any ideas?
Yup, Londoner here!
Quote: Originally Posted by keveenjones Here I explain to some points to remember to face care Keep astringents away from irritated skin. Go easy on the stress. You can check your diet. Vegetables and fruits are important for good face. Always check any product before using them to make sure they are right for you. Always do facial exercises and get facials. Always drink lots of water. Wash your face at least twice a day. Lemon juice is...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight Youdee What do you make of L'Oreal Solar Expert Matte Fluid SPF50? I've found this works well for me, no white cast, keeps matte, has stopped me burning when out in the sun a lot, and is cheap! PPD re UVA is important to me - do you know what PPD this is please? http://www.amazon.co.uk/LOreal-Solar...1&sr=8-1-fkmr0 That's the one I use, it's great! It has a PPD of at least 20, very high...
Quote: Originally Posted by Naturally Baked I have dark circles under my eyes. Have any of you had good experiences with eye creams? If so what kind? Depends what kind of dark circles you have. I'm testing an eye cream by Menscience at the moment which is great - contains pigmentation faders for dark circles. It's also a good idea to use sunscreen underneath your eyes during the day to prevent further darkening (unless your circles are...
Quote: Originally Posted by innerstyle I have the SPF70 version of this and it definitely leaves a whitecast so I definitely won't use it on my face again. I'll try the SPF45 version though if you say it's better with that. About the Shiseido Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55 and the Sofina Perfect UV Lucent SPF 50+, I believe both have a rather low PPD rating (UVA protection) of around 8? Given how expensive they are, I can't justify spending that much...
Quote: Originally Posted by bbaquiran youdee, have you tried any of the L'Oreal Men Expert line? Yup, didn't like it. I thought it was over fragranced and didn't really do much - I remember the face scrub being decent though.
I say stick with what you have naturally, I just googled 'men wavy hair' and 'men curly short hair' for these:
Quote: Originally Posted by longskate88 Well bummer, I really thought the MenScience was good stuff. Do you have the PPD number for it? Their website lists it as protecting against both UVA/UVB. Compared to Shiseido with a PPD of 8, I'd be curious what the MenScience has. Does it say on the bottle? Thanks! With those percentages it couldn't be more than a 1 or 2. Technically it does protect against UVA, just not very well. I like the...
Quote: Originally Posted by boo My comment was based on the review in his blog (at least I assume it's his blog). SCforM MenScience Product Line Review Yup, that's right! Based on the percentages of chemical sun filters they list, the sunscreen has a very low PPD indicating little UVA protection. Just for your information, this is from my Sunscreen post: Quote: SPF indicates the level of protection you'll get from burning....