or Connect

Posts by youdee

Quote: Originally Posted by olstudios What about removing bags under the eyes? I sleep alot so I don't know why I have bags under my eyes Again, it depends on how they got there. If it's water retention, a little bit of caffeine (Garnier does a nice roll on) or something cold can help to deflate the bags. If they're permanent (i.e. they're always the same, never changing in size) then it's probably fat build up in which case the only option is...
Try moisturising straight after a shower to lock in extra moisture, another option is to add a drop or two of jojoba or argan oil to your regular moisturiser to boost its moisturising ability a bit.
It depends on how the wrinkles got there really. If the skin under your eyes is just dry, you'll find that using a moisturising eye cream will plump those lines right out. If they're actual wrinkles, the only products that are proven to work (and recommended by dermatologists the world over) are retinoids, vitamin C and sunscreen. Use a vitamin c serum and sunscreen during the day and make sure to get the area underneath your eyes too. At night, use an eye cream...
Looks like your problems stem from an uneven skin tone rather than acne or anything like that. If you have access to a dermatologist, ask them about Finacea gel - it's a prescription product that both calms redness in the skin and should be able to fade those brown patches out. If you don't have access to a dermatologist, you may want to read through this post: How to get a bright and even skin tone. And this one if you do have acne: A complete guide to...
Quote: Originally Posted by FidelCashflow I've always had oily skin prone to breakouts. I've tried a number of products to get it under control, with some success except for dealing with the redness (there will still be red spots even if there's no pimple and the red spots stay for days/week.) I've tried lots of 2% salycilic acid pads (Oxy) , 5% benzol peroxide washes (Oxy), regular face washes (Zirh clean, Neutrogena) and a few of those premium blemish...
Quote: Originally Posted by munna I've been lurking in this thread, and now i'd like to try out using some spf cream on my face daily. However, what concerns me is that some have said the creams make your face a bit white. I'm of Indian decsent, and i'm worried that if use this, it will look as if i am wearing makeup. I'm not really that dark, but light brown. Any recommendations? Most chemical sunscreens with SPF15 to 40 shouldn't pose a...
Quote: Originally Posted by willpower Unfortunately, you often have to experiment to find the product that works for you. What I don't see is a N. American distributor of their products (maybe I didn't click enough) IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the...
Quote: Originally Posted by -Stylist- dang i was actually thinking of shaving it. One more question is there a way to make fine hair more corsal and give it volume? instead of styling it everyday? You might want to try a texture powder. You shake a bit onto your hair and ruffle it in (zero effort or technique) - it turns into a matte-wax texture which gives you lots of volume and control over the shape. It kind of feels like slept-in hair once...
Quote: Originally Posted by Yimmy1234 What do you think of all the parabens in these sunless tanning products? Firstly I think it would take a LOT of parabens to cause any ill effect to the body, even then it's highly unlikely - there are no studies that show parabens to actively cause any physical damage. In addition to that, we ingest far more parabens in our food than we could absorb through skincare in a lifetime. Relatively speaking,...
Quote: Originally Posted by J. Cogburn I visited my dermotologist yesterday and got an earful about the terrors of the sun. No tan is a good tan she says. If you want color, buy a bottle of tanning solution. Anyone ever try this? I don't want to look orange. But then again, I don't want to be pasty white or become a victim of skin cancer either. Basically, I need to decide if this is really a viable option. She's right about the...