or Connect

Posts by mylesmyles

Been out of the loop resting the legs over the holidays but am back in the mix training for a trio of races this April-May. Got in 18 miles this morning. First nine were a warmup in CP at around 7:22 pace. Then did 45 minutes at tempo pace which worked out to around 6:40-6:45 for me. Then did a long cooldown. Legs are starting to feel good again.
Ran the JFK50 down in Maryland along the Patomic On Saturday. Clocked a 7:40:09. If someone is looking for a first 50 miler, I'd reccomend it. The course is managable, aid stations plentiful and it is extremely well run.
SB - yes, it will qualify me for Boston 2015. I'm already in for 2014, will be running Boston To Big Sur (Run Boston Monday, Run Big Sur the next Sunday) Should be interesting.
Ran NYC yesterday in 2:58:48. It was my 3rd NYC and after running a number of other marathons and other races, the NYC course is unrelenting. Between the bridges, the wind and the varying levels of quality of the cement (not something NYRR can do much about) it creates some serious challenges. It's part of the reason the finisher times for the elite are slower than other major marathons. That said I love the race, and have every intention on running it next year. The...
Ran the Poland Spring Marathon Kickoff 5 miler on Sunday in 30:48. Legs felt good.
Been off the grid of late but have been getting some runs in. Ran the Grete's Great Gallop on sunday in 1:24:25 which felt pretty good. Tryign to hit sub 2:55 for NYC in three weeks. It won't be easy but we'll see. 5.1 miles this morning in central park in 34:41
ha ha ha corrected....
Ran the NYCRUNS 5k Brooklyn Bridge Run yesterday in 18:36. Legs felt ok but my feet are still tender - probably shouldn't have run in racing flats so soon. Logged about 17 miles for the week on 4 runs. Going to try to get into marathon training routine this week.
Thanks for the kind words. When I finish up my race report I'll be sure to post it. Didn't get any miles in today, or yesterday....
Vermont 100 this weekend in 20:33:31. There was mud out there, lots of it, and I know I was not anticipating for the severity of the hills that were out there. Overall I'm pretty happy with my effort.