or Connect

Posts by Brothersport

Quote: Originally Posted by fairholme_wannabe [IMG] Maaachine Quote: Originally Posted by RFX45 Although there were critical calls against the Lakers, ie: the obvious charge by Pierce on Kobe, I can't help but blame the Lakers for missing those 2 techs by Fisher and Kobe of all people. I must say though, this is probably one of the worst Finals ever. I just haven't felt like "this is a great game" in the 4 games so far....
Any shrinking in the wash?
Pretty obvious stuff to say. Kobe played great defense on Rondo and shot the lights out, but he got little help and he turned the ball over way too much. Odom didn't play poorly, but I question his interior defense in the 2nd half. On the same note, I think Gasol played much worse than his stats suggest; his defense and rebounding left much to be desired. Bynum is a really huge part of the puzzle; offensive rebounding is why the Celts won today. It started early, even,...
Quote: Originally Posted by HRoi and who in LA sets moving screens? i see Bynum do it from time to time and he gets called. Perkins, on the other hand, sets them every single time. i don't think Doc really wants to call attention to moving screens because if they were called by the book, Perkins would foul out in 6 minutes Honestly the 1-2 pick and roll was a huge part of the Lakers' success in Game 3 and a lot of the screens that Kobe set for...
I posted b4 about the issue where refs sometimes just call a ball out on a defender instead of a loose ball foul. Hollinger wrote the same thing in his article about the replay system today: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playo...PERDiem-100609 Quote: But the Rondo-Odom play shows us the limitations of constricting the officials' options on replay reviews. Game 3's replay deluge comes in the wake of a crucial review with 1:59 remaining in Game 2 that gave...
Quote: Originally Posted by embowafa From a not so expert point of view, it just felt like Kobe wasn't doing his best to get the offense involved and was just jacking up bad shots. On the other hand, the same can be said for the other 4 guys...they weren't doing their best to get involved which left Kobe no choice but to make a shot. These are both true. Quote: Originally Posted by foodguy yup, definitely. but all the...
Quote: Originally Posted by robbie I think if I found the right pair of shoes I'd spend a ton on jeans/pants/shirts/suits and have just the one kind of shoe. IIRC, Andy Warhol only wore a single style of Florsheim plain toe oxford... he owned like 20 pairs or something crazy like that. But would wear them w/ 501's or his sutis and always looked good. -rF
Quote: Originally Posted by jet ^haha you're comedy bro Kobe took about 4 terrible shots and while he wasn't on fire he made clutch shots AND made up for it on defense. They wouldn't be where they are obviously without him sup lebron where you at oh ya that's right gone fishing. The left hand floater was a thing of beautfy as was the drive with two defenders in his face and the foul and the fade away bank. The superb save out of bounds, sick block and...
Quote: Originally Posted by RFX45 Horrible flaw int he replay system though, it works if it's a clean play but when it is an obvious foul like Rondo slapping Odoms arm and they can't do anything about it but give the ball back to Boston, then it affects the game in a bad way too. Yeah, that's pretty bad. But tell me if I'm the only one: I always thought that officials sometimes didn't call a touchy foul in loose ball situations where, let's say,...
Fisher: My god. Kobe did his dumb taking over the offense thing in the 2nd half and Fisher was the ONLY player to get LA through this horrific offensive stretch. In the 4th, after Fisher had made just two shots, I was literally saying how great of a game he was having, and then he went on to score 7 more points. These were all SUPER clutch buckets because of how poorly his team was doing. Honestly, if he just hit two shots and nothing else in the 4th, he would have done...