or Connect

Posts by Brothersport

i think golden state definitely makes him better on offense cuz he can't really consistently shoot anything that's not wide open. but he's very creative w/ the ball and has great iq, and he's been working on taking the ball up the court by himself recently. i don't think he'll ever be a foundational offensive player, or even 2nd-best on a great team, but he'll always be super useful. kind of like iguodala, just a bit worse. he's great at defense though, probably the most...
i hope mirotic finishes out the year strong, i'd like it to go to him. he's outplaying some pretty renowned big guys on his squad. noel is doing crazy stuff but you can never tell how much of it is just teams not caring when they play philly.golden state d held washington to 8 points in the 3rd.stupid bogut had to ruin thisdon't think i trust a spurs fan to make that judgment
so who's rookie of the year? wiggins seemed to sew it up during the middle 3rd of the season, but a couple players have come on strong. noel has been a fantasy monster, putting up crazy block/steal #s, though i haven't been watching philly at all. elfrid payton got 2 triple doubles in a row a few days ago. and mirotic is all over the place. 20 and 8 in the last 2 weeks! 18 and 7.5 over the last month!
GUYS I WATCHED THIS 2ND-YEAR PLAYER PLAY ONE GAME AGAINST A HISTORICALLY GOOD TEAM THAT LEADS THE LEAGUE IN OFFENSE AND DEFENSE AND HE DIDNT TAKE OVER THE GAME. FLASH IN THE PAN!!
he's great for how long he's been in the league (not even 2 years). dude was dominant at defense off the bench this season and he's been great as a starter. he's the main reason why they traded kanter. it's a legit question whether he can keep that up over a season, but there's no reason to think he won't be a great defensive player for years to come. this situation has nothing in common w/ someone like lin, or even hassan whiteside. gobert is 22 and hasn't been dumped by...
i think hroi was talking about hawks fans in general. 2 chainz goes to a bunch of hawks games, did i mention that? usually he shows up in the 3rd quarter and strolls to his halfcourt courtside seat and harry the hawk spends like 40% of his time playing w/ his daughter. edit: pour one out for steve nash. nash was the point guard for 5 of the 7 or 6 of the 10 best offenses in nba history. wrap that around your heads.
imo fans are up and down. atlanta has had a horrendous sports fan rep for decades now. they've been a lot better this year, and management has also started catering towards a diff crowd (intentionally going after more african americans and millenials). i haven't been to any games this year against crap teams, but i've gone to a few good ones, and the fans have by and large been good-very good. good attendance, surprisingly loud, standing in big moments, etc. i've only been...
horrible horrible news. hope to god it doesn't affect durant past this year. i honestly think the warriors have at least like a 75% chance of winning the title. as long as everyone's healthy, i don't see them losing against anyone. the crazy thing is that they're so versatile too. i don't even know if they have a bad matchup against anyone. the closest anyone comes is san antonio (ugh), just cuz of their wing defenders. but golden state should be able to guard the spurs...
i think there probably is something to what you're saying. just thought the blanket statements were too much. @HRoi is right that a lot of times the media (or bloggers) are like, "okay, this guy has to have a nickname." that's how you got people pushing durantula for kd a few years back. but a lot of old nicknames were dumb. i feel like pre-internet, if a nickname was to be agreed upon by the general public, it had to be something so simple that beat writers wouldn't feel...
so this happened today, along w/ the warriors destroying the hawks. canadians dudes wiggins and anthony bennett met canadian prime minister stephen harper. this is what harper tweeted. tbf, bennett may not deserve the respect.