or Connect

Posts by Brothersport

i like simmons' basketball podcasts w/ zach lowe a lot. you can tell simmons watches a ton of basketball, and the one difference-making quality he has as an analyst is that he is never afraid to criticize teams. simmons can get frustrating to listen to sometimes because of his leading questions, and a lot of the time he has a theory fleshed out and is only looking to get confirmation for it from his guest. that's evened out well when he has lowe on, who has never in his...
like long-term, you mean? yeah...they have a lot of intriguing pieces but no star and a gaping hole at center. maybe len gets decent?? but then you still have bledsoe who is supremely talented but doesn't have any idea how to run a team (yet?), and dragic, who is good but not great. same w/ kieff. i guess dragic could be a similar player to teague? isaiah thomas seems destined to be a great gunner for a mediocre (or worse) team. there are still a ton of rumors that...
i think super team discussions are kind of dumb but it would be bizarre to say that memphis or atlanta is more of a super team than the clippers. phoenix CANNOT catch a break. they've now lost on so many buzzer beaters. this one was a boogie long 2 that bounced on the rim like 40 times before dropping in.
i don't think dallas is good enough this year. but the cool thing about them is that they really know how to wheel and deal so they're never stuck in the exact same situation. rfx, yeah i agree, i don't think the clips lose out if blake comes back in 4 wks or less.
i don't think their window would be closed, but i'd be very surprised if this era got a chip if they lost early this year. they're pretty much married to paul/blake/deandre, and doc hasn't shown anything near the skill as a gm to get them help to push them over the top. but they'd still be really good, and a threat to be top 4 in the west every year. i would loooooove if memphis won the championship. their window is a lot smaller than most think imo. gasol is 30, randolph...
most places saying 6 week worst case scenario, and estimating 4-6. i hope it's not that long, but if it is, their playoff chances are in real trouble.they're 6.5 games up on okc. if it's 4 weeks, blake's games missed are: @DAL, HOU, SAS, SAC, MEM, @HOU, @MEM, @CHI, @MIN, POR. They're not gonna be favored in more than 3 out of those 10 games. If they go 3-7, they'll still have a buffer, with a lot of easy games left on the sched.staph recovery seems super variable, tho.this...
what are you serious? it's like charity? that kind of explains prokorhov's whole nets reign hehe here's a decent profile on michael kidd-gilchrist. it goes into his tragic upbringing a bit, his shot (plus mark price), and his lifelong battle against stuttering http://www.si.com/nba/2015/02/05/michael-kidd-gilchrist-hornets-kentucky-shot-voice
oh yeah? interesting. from my perspective i don't think the general fan believes in the hawks team as much as the warriors due to being in the east, lack of star power, etc. steve kerr after the game called it a "minor blip" fwiw. im not saying it was just another game though.
i'd be surprised if this game meant as much to golden state as it did to the hawks. not by a ton maybe (curry played a bit more than usual), but at least a little.