or Connect

Posts by Brothersport

i don't disagree w/ you that people shouldn't use thickness as the main/only factor in assessing quality.do you personally feel that quality in leathers matters at all? do you think it's just a threshold issue, like in other clothes, where as long as it's not cheap crap, it's sufficient for our standards? i could imagine that is the case for a lot of clothes (even suiting, in that blog you linked), but you implied that footwear might be different. that's interesting,...
that last statement is taking it too far the other way, tho. thick/thin doesn't = quality, but there is something of a correlation. brad's point is that you're not going to find any thick leathers at h&m or whatever, so it makes at least a little sense why people use thickness as a factor in assessing quality. there's no correlation with color.
really? i disagree. varejao is 2 years older (32) and maybe one of the few bigs that has a worse injury history than bogut (or at least equal). more than that, though, he hasn't shown a history of being a top-tier rim protector. bogut at least showed that when he was healthy w/ golden state last year, they gave andy that contract 2 months after the season started, when they were playing bad defense. besides, a lot of people though that deal was too much for bogut, because...
(west coast) nba been incredible this year. east coast...not so much lol. i'm actually somewhat excited to go to some hawks games in the 2nd half of the year. usually i just go for the visiting team but atl's taking it to some good teams so far (lac, cleveland). varejao's contract extension they signed earlier this year was a dumb idea then and it's even dumber now. 3 years $30M wtf.
can you post the article you claim i plagiarized? I don't think i found anything that comprehensive that mirrored what i said, esp "word for word." if i did, i'd post it and credit it (unlike what you do) and save myself a shitload of effort.it's not a unique opinion to think doc hasn't been doing a great job. "plagiarism" is a bit strong.i don't think doc is terrible, i apologize if i said that. i don't think he's good though. (also don't think he's a "bustas for other...
yea but there's a big diff btwn being a bench player and a starter, isnt there? it's not just lakers vs. clippers. he'd become a bench guy on the clippers, but he'd be the starting 4 for the houston, for example. i don't know what he wants but it's not like he'd get the most playing time among contenders on the clippers.i am not sure about the athleticism or the defense. his strongest suit was always weakside rim protection, not chasing smaller guys around, so i don't know...
hmm really? it's pretty well-known doc hasn't done a good job. he hasn't done a horrible one, but certainly not good. he has certainly held the organization together through a lot, and that's wonderful, but i'm just talking about his transactions.here's what he's done since he got there (let me know if i forgot something, the cbs sports and espn pages notably miss some things):trade bledsoe/caron butler and a 2nd-rounder for redick and dudley. it's pretty obvious now that...
yeah man, i watched detroit play a bunch last year. he was terrible there, and he's apparently worse this year (i haven't watched this year).lol at your histrionics. i suppose i should have said "imo" somewhere in my post. i just happen to disagree w/ you and the guy you quoted and didn't credit.this is somewhat like the rondo situation, where he was a lot worse the past two years than earlier on, but josh smith was bad at defense during his time in detroit. he was really...
oh shit look how far ross jumped out from:yup! another instance of why you don't give a great coach gm responsibilities (flip, isaiah, doc, now stan the man). leave that to gods like pop and belichick.bruh have you not heard about him playing the 3 in detroit...it did not go well.they cut the guy.good luck playing offense w/ jordan's and josh smith's men both totally ignoring them to double paul and griffin in the post. 100% unworkable.
even tho the pistons stretched josh smith that movie still counts on their cap. the hit is stretched over 5 years (2*#yrsleft+1).so the set-off:so josh smith is making $13.5M this year and the 1-year vet min this year is $816k.apparently the rockets are one of the few teams who can offer more than the 11-year vet min ($1.45M). They got the biannual player exception left over, which is $2.077M. so if they sign him, the pistons would have to pay 13.5-([2.077-1.45]/2) =...