or Connect

Posts by Tumbling Dice

Quote: Originally Posted by c00kz I've seen a pair of 514's with a similar flaw. The small red tag didn't say Levi, it just had the "R" in a circle which follows the brand name. Weird, but not something I think should be worried over. I'm wondering if it might be considered a collector's item as a rare defect - to have two pocket tabs, one on the left pocket AND one on the right pocket. If not, I have no problem wearing as is. It's not that...
I just received some Levi's 501 STF's in the mail. Both pockets (left and right) have the "Levi's" pocket tab. Is this intentional or a manufacturing flaw? Ordered them from a legit Levi's dealer so I don't think they are counterfeit. I've attached a picture. I've never seen that before and there was no indication that they were supposed to have pocket tabs on both pockets. What gives? Thanks, Dave
I bought some Capital E Matchsticks a few months ago and they were supposedly rigid/raw. I've been trying to break them in and fade them by wearing as much as possible before I do the first wash. I've worn them a lot over the last few months - maybe on average 4 days a week. However there is no sign of fading! They have stretched in some places where they were previously snug, and they have developed some wrinkles (e.g. quasi honeycombs and whiskers), but there is...
Does anyone know what Jeans is Bruce Springsteen is wearing on the cover of Born In the USA (and on the album sleeve)? Obviously, they are Levi's, but can we assume they are 501's or might they be 505's (or something else)? In seeking a classic, rugged, American Jeans look, I think you can't overlook this iconic image, so I was wondering if anyone knows what these are. The cover suggests 501's, but the higher waist on the album sleeve suggests maybe they are 505's? On...
Quote: Originally Posted by Timbaland No problem man. I'm surprised the 501s and 514s (which also have rigid washes) aren't as thick as the 505s. I would of thought that they'd use the same materials on the jeans. How can you tell the weight of the denim? I've always wondered this. I have some old Diesels that are thicker than all of my other ones and want to know their weight. I don't have a way of objectively determining the weight of...
Can Levi's 514 corduroys be had anywhere at this point? I've been searching the Internet for these off and on for months, to no avail. I got one pair of these a couple years ago and wore the hell out of them because they are so darn comfortable, easy to wear, and look great. Now I wish I had stocked up on them. Is Levi's making any corduroys at this point, in 514 or any other model for that matter? [At one Levi's store they said that Levi's only sells corduroys during...
Thanks for the helpful guidance, Timbaland. I feel like the Levi's 505's get a bad rap, and it's true the cut on them is not up to date with current fashion, but they have a certain heavy denim (13.75 oz in the case of the ones I just got) and quality feel that is unlike any other Levi's I've seen, including 501's which seem to be lower quality than the 505's. And the 505 is durable as heck. That's got to count for something. Too bad they don't make a 511 or 514 or...
Just received a pair of Levi's 505 "Rigid" finish jeans in the mail. The denim is thick as hell, looks completely unprocessed/unwashed and feels like bulletproof Kevlar. Could these be raw or is it likely that they are sanforized? The waist is snug but not insanely tight. I'm planning on trying the whole "don't wash for 6 months or until you barf on them, whichever comes first" thing, assuming this means they'll stretch to a comfortable level and get a nice fade, but...
Attachment 21158 John W. Nordstrsom Shirt, Levi's 514 Jeans, Timberland Boots. [P.S. Sorry if it appears I am giving the middle finger in the photo - that was not my intention.]
Thanks, Whodini, much appreciated . . . Quote: Originally Posted by whodini Georgetown is closed but you can special order a pair through Farinelli's on this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=110475 RRL is RL's baby line and prefers that it has a toned-down following hence no online sales, minimal boutique retailers, etc. The better place to find RRL is at your local RRL store; the best place to get RRL is through Farinelli's...