or Connect

Posts by glowell222

Avoid the Magli's and J&Ms-you never know what you're going to get, but you can reasonably guess what you're not going to get. I think you will be best served by putting down the cash on the AEs. Additionally, you can look for some Sanders and some Alfred Sargents.
Quote: Originally Posted by aspena I've tried to read through about 20 different threads talking about this, but the more I read the more lost I get. My question: What should I do to buy one very nice solid navy SB suit at a reasonable price ($1,000-$2,000)? - Do I buy get a frequent flier ticket to Hong Kong and go see WW Chan or Hemrajani? - Do I go to Nordstrom or Saks and buy one off the rack? - Do I go to Neiman Last Call and have a good...
That's the Navy for you.
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digestâ„¢ for three weeks ending 05/07/2010, with some Shouts and Murmurs: - B The head on his hat needs a hat.
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorShak What would be appropriate then when they need to be a little bit dressy? Sorry for the snark earlier. When I have an event requiring dressier clothing, I typically go with khakis and a half-zip sweater or long-sleeved ocbd in cooler weather, or khakis and a polo or short sleeve ocbd in warmer weather. If the invitation called for formal dress, I would let my son decide whether he wants to attend and...
Yes-buy to fit at the shoulders and neck and then have your shirts altered. If the shoulders fit but the sleeves are too long or too short, then you have to make the choice of buying to fit the sleeves and neck and then having the sides altered (with shoulders too wide), or having your shirts made to measure.
I think the guy in the cammies may need to revisit the regs on grooming.....
Not a fan of chukkas or double monks, myself, so my vote is the briefcase.
Try Perry Ercolino. http://www.perryercolino.com/index.php
Quote: Originally Posted by willpower His argument for wearing one isn't half bad It isn't half good, either. There's a reason nobody wears the same clothing as the founding fathers. Follow the path of that projection and ascots fall in line as well.