or Connect

Posts by Loudly

Quote: Originally Posted by Jodum5 For $1k you shouldn't have too much trouble finding something attractive here: http://vintagewatchrestoration.com/inventory/ Wow, that's a great find Jodum. There are a few there I'd love to get for the price! I was going to suggest one of the simpler Sinns or Nomos, or other German watches, from here: http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/home.asp -- edit, but if you need a square watch you might be hard...
+1 for Prada, which makes a lot of well-designed shoes (apart from their frolics into making ugly sneakers). And the Prada shoes I've bought were very well made. I say this with the caveat that it's been 10 years or so since I've last bought their shoes, and there is some noise that standards have slipped. +1 for Ferragamo. I've never really understood what people herehave against them. Probably better to buy on sale, but the regular and Tramezza lines seem fairly...
They are some good ones! After a coat of cream, then a coat of wax. Hope the rain holds off tomorrow!
Finally got my long-awaited Westons! Now to give them a polish.
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh +1, I fully agree But I've always wondered why certain makers ( Like ARMANI ) seem to always have 3% of polyester or elasthane in their suiting fabrics? Is it because they are so cost conscious that they save a great deal for the entire production run by using that 3% of a synthetic? You never see makers like Kiton, Brioni, or Oxxford using synthetics in their fabrics ( or at least I don't ). Good...
Leadenhall Market is the place to go near Bank. It's "decent" but doesn't hold a candle to a NYC shoeshine....
By the way, C&J in Burlington Gardens is having a sale as well, and there's not a bad selection there. Some under £200 FWIW.
Braved the tube out to Green Park. Not a very inspiring selection in 8.5. Especially when we're talking £420 and up. Edit: actually there was one sweet pair of brown derby's that was marked "EG for..." someone in Barcelona. I would have snapped them if they were cheaper, but really don't have a place to wear them -- too formal for most weekends, and too informal for work. Jealous of whoever grabs them! I walked up the street (arcades) to JM Weston, and thinking for...
Quote: Originally Posted by videocrew Huge fan of this little number: The price is very, very right. Rock on, the blue version's been my pen of choice on and off for years. Pretty much the best writer I've found at any price point, so long as (1) you don't mind using a pedestrian looking pen; and (2) you aren't bothered that they tend to blow up from time to time, with the ink seeping through the "plug" onto everything. Since I have some...
In the US, I wore 90% brown. In London, 90% black (100% Mon-Fri). As reported before, it's just the way of things here and not likely to change.