or Connect

Posts by Ziss

I understand your love for that coat, especially since you had it custom made for you. But I don't think you can wear it without looking like a pimp or gangsta rapper. I would suggest you: -Sell it on eBay for a good amount of money, or -Save it in your closet and hope fur becomes fashionable for men again (unlikely for some time), or -This: Quote: Originally Posted by maomao1980 Use it to make lining for a bespoke overcoat.
Quote: Originally Posted by Chips Polishing nubuck? Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw Nubuck is similar to suede. The ones pictured don't look like any I've seen. Exactly. They're what C&J call "antique nubuck", which seems to be some polished up version of nubuck. I was hoping someone here had some hands on experience with it.
I'm considering getting myself a pair of C&J Tetbury chukkas in brown antique nubuck: Mmmm. I am, however, unfamiliar with C&J nubuck - does anyone have a pair of shoes made in this type of leather? How does it hold up over time? Any unattractive creasing? Also, in the pictures, this type of nubuck looks very similar to calf leather. Does it polish up well?
I'm trying to find a european store that carries Marcoliani socks. Howard Yount has a great selection, but unfortunately the added VAT when importing to Europe makes them a bit too pricey. Until I find one, I use Falke socks, which are also great.
Quote: Originally Posted by DrZRM Yeah, I got that one due to a misunderstanding and returned it, but they certainly were willing to make it. I think it was MTO. Excellent, thanks!
Does anyone know if you can get a composite (rubber) sole brass screwed? I seem to remember someone getting one by mistake...
http://www.valmour.fr/cleaning-products/renomat,20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahab OK, I am interested in picking up some Saphir Renovateur which contains mink oil. I have only read excellent comments on this. Is the consensus on monk oil a no? It would be used for dress shoes and I was thinking even cordovan. Look, mink oil won't hurt your shoe. It's just that it gives it a somewhat sticky surface that attracts dust, which isn't what you want on fine dress shoes. Renovateur contains some...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard obviously I was trying to be colloquial and not textbook clinical. Obviously.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard You realize that wax is a type of fat, right? Oil, wax, and fat are all variations on the same thing (lipids). So, by your logic, we also shouldn't use wax polish on our shoes. No, wax isn't a type of fat. Fats are lipids, but that doesn't make all lipids fats. Chickens are birds, hence all birds are chickens, eh? Yes, I am aware most shoe care products contain some amount of fats, Mr. high...