or Connect

Posts by Lucy J

Quote: Originally Posted by Stever174 So how did your Brigg golfer do on Monday morning Lucy? Horrendous wind and rain as I was walking to the station. I opened my Brigg golfer when I left the house but was forced to close it within about 200-300 yards as the wind was threatening to blow it completely out of control. I had a briefcase with me and so only had one hand to try to control the umbrella, which was impossible in those winds - I would think the...
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay My Brigg handled high winds and heavy rain earlier today. Yeah! Where are you Jay Jay - here on the south coast of england we can get really wild weather from time to time - on a scale of 1 to 10 I would say that yesterday was a seven or maybe an eight. I have a 20 minute walk home from the office and the Brigg golfer just about survived, although I was hanging on to it tightly with both hands - I guess we...
Quote: Originally Posted by Stever174 Just seen your message about Friday 1 October - it was pretty wild during the day wasnt it - I was up in London and it was fairly blowy even there but I was in meetings so didnt really have to brave it! My brigg golfer has seen a bit more wind over the last couple of weeks - I had to angle it against the rain one day last week but it feels really sturdy so I would think it will take a really strong wind to put it at...
Quote: Originally Posted by Stever174 I hope you had a huge umbrella last night Lucy if you had to go out in that rain - it was absolutely torrential as I was walking home from the station, but my Brigg golfer kept me pretty dry. Its not been tested by the wind yet, but Im sure there will be times when I need to hang on to it! Hi Steve - Friday was one of those few days when I had to close my Brigg golfer because of the wind. I was working in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Stever174 I bought a curved handle 30 inch burgundy golf umbrella from Brigg about a month back, and was certainly delighted I had it with me last night - that rain was as heavy as I have seen certainly this year. I arrived at my local station and knew I would have to walk home for the best part of 20 minutes through the deluge! There was a decent breeze but it wasn't too windy - that amount of rain with a really strong wind...
Did you get your Brigg Steve? You would surely have needed a good brolly last night against that terrible torrential downpour......
Quote: Originally Posted by Stever174 Thanks for this Lucy - I live in East Preston and walk to and from the station in Angmering to commute so I'm not too far from you. The house is pretty close to the seafront so you will know how wild and stormy it can get. I think I will go and check out the Brigg store just off Piccadilly, and also James Smith, but a friend at the office also said that I should look for a 10-rib umbrella as that might hold up better...
Hi Steve Where in Sussex are you - I'm in Brighton and have had two Briggs for many years, although the Brigg golfer was destroyed in that terrible storm last November (dont know if you remember it!). My trad Brigg is very sturdy although I have heard one or two people on here have had them damaged in strong winds (maybe I have been lucky with mine). Briggs can be repaired though I believe, although my golfer was so badly damaged that I just had to bin it. I'd love a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mathew J Looks nice, most likely the color I would get too, thanks I live in Brighton on the south coast of England and had a Brigg golfer for three years or so which was fantastic until we had the most terrific storm last November - I posted about it then and here's that post below - since then I have bought another Brigg golfer which is still intact, as is my traditional cherry brigg which I have had about six...
Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI Thanks gents. Love the brown James Smith - I really do wonder now whether I should get myself something like that to go with the Brigg and the Longchamp.....