or Connect

Posts by Lucy J

Rain setting in here now but still only blustery - apparently they are now saying the worst of the wind will be tomorrrow. Looks as thought my Brigg golfer will be fine tonight but Im not sure how I will manage tomorrow!! May be a waterproof mac and rainhat day - in the middle of June !!!
Can't believe the weather here in the UK this "summer". Grey, cloudy and blustery today (but at least not cold), but the forecast for the Brighton area for this evening and overnight is heavy rain and gales with gusts up to 60mph. I've brought my Brigg golf umbrella to the office this morning in case this hits before I go home!!
Only 5??!! - I did an umbrella audit last night and came up with the following:Cherry wood solid shafted Brigg (inherited from an ex-boyfriend who left it in my flat)Brigg golfer which is black with one purple panelTwo stormshields (one quite badly damaged but still useable in an emergency - this one tends to live at the office!)Solid hickory wood shafted brown FoxBrown and dark purple Longchamp solid wood umbrellaFulton huntsman and fulton knightsbrisge (both full length...
Gustbusters look great but I have a Stormshield golf umbrella (like Steve R and like Mark who sheltered me home on Tuesday evening) which has the same sort of vent idea, and which I tend to use if its really stormy when I leave the house. I do get blown around a lot if Im using it though because of the size of the canopy. My Brigg golfer is a little smaller (about 54 inches), and is more rigid because it has a metal frame rather than a fibreglass one, and so I find it...
Hi Steve - long time no hear! I've had similar experiences on London Bridge but havent yet had to cope with the wind blowing the rain around the Shard. I can imagine that it gets pretty rough, and of course you used to be able to do that last bit entirely under cover but now its open to the elements. I missed the worst of last Thursday as it hadnt yet started raining when I got home, but I almost got blown away last night. I was out for a meal with three friends and when...
Dreadful unseasonal weather forecast here for later this afternoon and evening, so ive come to the office in my waterproof mac, rainhat, and wearing long black boots. I also have my solid stick Brigg but it may not be safe to use it, as they are forecasting torrential rain and winds between 40 and 65 mph between about 4 and 7 pm - I dont think even the Brigg will survive that...!
Nice all day and now that Im going home its gusting wind and heavy downpours. Thank goodness Ive got my big Longchamp umbrella at the office. Judging by the pedestrians outside Im going to have to hang on tight to the brolly though.....
Conditions deteriorating here - thick wet snow and the wind is up - gusting to 40mph according to the internet and I can believe that from looking out of the window. Umbrellas really struggling to cope - one of the girls from the office has just got back from a meeting and her brolly was completely whipped inside out at the end of our street.Not sure if I will be able to control the brigg and my trilby on the way home - its now definitely a day where you need two hands for...
Was more of a problem than I had thought at lunchtime as the wind was really swirling around - not umbrella-damaging gusts but i needed to keep close control of the Brigg, and also of my trilby which was threatening to blow off several times - once the wind did actually take the hat and I had to chase it a few yards down the street!!
Heavy windblown snow in Brighton today - almost blizzard like at times. Very unusual for us to get snow here on the coast. Lots of pedestrians struggling with umbrellas against the wind which looks to be 20-30 mph. Shouldnt be a problem for my Brigg when i go out at lunchtime but I will probably need to hang on with both hands to keep the brolly shielding me....