Posts by Lucy J

Rescheduled my meeting for tomorrow. Not going to London now as the forecast for late afternoon and evening is heavy driving snow and 50-60 mph winds, so I will be in the office in Brighton and at some stage battling my way home, probably in my hooded Moncler, long boots, and my "Stormproof" Cyclone golf umbrella which is a fairly recent purchase and hasn't really been tested yet, but it's meant to hold up in 70mph winds. Whether I can keep hold of it in those conditions...
Lovely day today for my walk to work in Brighton but back up to London tomorrow and the forecast is heavy rain or snow and gale or severe gale force winds. Careful planning for my outfit will be required. Maybe my Moncler hooded black parka and my strong James Smith 10-rib umbrella??
Wet wet wet in London today and no underground running. I'm so pleased I wore my long black boots, purple waterproof Mac, and took my black and purple Brigg golfer. No real wind to trouble the brolly but the rain was relentless from about 11.30 and now I'm on the train back to Brightom with wet boots and a soaked umbrella but the rest of me isn't too bad!!!
Just home now in Brighton and delighted I have my new whangee Fox. I know some might find a (reasonably) pretty blonde in a soaked trench coat and fedora attractive, but I'm glad that wasn't me tonoght, and the fox did its job brilliantly against the downpour on my walk home from the station....☔️💅👄😘
Rain was only forecast for tonight but has set in with a vengeance in London already, and I'm up here without an umbrella... 😢😢. So I've treated myself, as a New Year present, to a whangee handle gents Fox walking umbrella from a shop just across the road from where my last meeting was, and I'm now in a cab en route to drinks with another client knowing that I and my black Burberry trench and black fur felt fedora are going to be safely sheltered from the rain even if the...
Nice umbrella. My sister bought me a London Undercover long walking umbrella for Xmas. Black on the outside and a streetmap of London on the inside - it's really cute and the frame feels really sturdy so it should be OK to use here in Brighton and also for my trips up to London. In other umbrella news, my navy Maglia had its first real test on the evening of 23 December when I used it to walk to a party in heavy rain and winds over 40mph.It needed a tight grip in both...
Thanks for your support - as possibly the only girl on this thread I sometimes feel I get passed by....I have 4 Burberry trenches now (stone, red and black which I've had for a while plus the new dark blue) but for when the rain is really lashing down I have a purple waterproof raincoat from Mackintosh and also a long black PVC hooded raincape. Haven't tired Aquascutum - are they showerproof or waterproof?
Bought myself a couple of Christmas presents today - was up in London and got a dark blue Burberry trench to wear when I'm carrying my Maglia, and then went to my favourite hat shop and picked up a fur felt fedora in navy as well.... A very expensive afternoon but I'm worth it 👄💅👠👍
First umbrella damage of the winter at the weekend when the gusts of Storm Angus and the lashing rain overwhelmed my solid stick Brigg. I'm actually disappointed in the Brigg because I'm sure the replacement frame was not as sturdy as previously. The original frame lasted me 9 years (plus is was my boyfriends umbrella for a few years before that) but when it was battered in December 2013 it really was in violent storm (almost hurricane) conditions. After that it needed to...
Travelled up to London this morning and carried my new Maglia. Several people commented on it, even when closed. I've used it a couple of times since getting it and it feels pretty sturdy but I don't think I'm going to risk it in Brighton gales for this winter at least.