or Connect

Posts by Lucy J

Does the fact that it's got a detachable handle create a point of weakness if the umbrella is being buffetted by heavy gusts?
If I were you Steve I would ring the shop in Piccadilly Arcade and talk to someone there about the colour choices. I popped in a few weeks ago when I was i London for the day and only just managed to resist buying myself another brigg!
That's gorgeous - did you get it in London or somewhere else? I know I have more than enough umbrellas but I would love something like that... Some girls buy lots of shoes but I buy lots of umbrellas (actually if I'm honest I buy far too many shoes as well......)
Did you get your set of Briggs Steve? What colours and woods did you go for - and are they being well used?
Four Briggs! That will be scarily expensive.... You might also want to consider their golf umbrellas which retail for £100 or so rather than the £300 or so for solid stick. Ive had my solid cherry now for about 8 years, and my Brigg golfer for about 3 or 4 years - the golfer replaced an earlier Brigg golfer which was wrecked in a dreadful storm when I really shouldnt have been using it as the winds were a steady 45-50mph gusting up to over 70mph.......
Brigg will be fine as a walking cane, as would a solid wood James Smith I'm sure. As regards wind resistance, I'm happy using my solid Brigg say 85% of the time here in Brighton. If the wind is no stronger than 30mph or so it shouldn't be an issue, but anything over 30 (or any time when its really gusty) and I have to control the brolly with both hands, and once its up to 45 or 50mph (or more) then even a Brigg will be at real risk of serious damage, although they can be...
I was caught in some squalls at a wedding at the weekend. I had taken my brown and purple Longchamp big 10-rib umbrella as I was wearing a brown and cream dress, brown hat and my new brown satin mac. However, when I arrived it was really windy and thick drizzle, so I used my black stormshield vented golf umbrella which fortunately was in the car. Walking to the church (about a three minute walk as parking was difficult) was exciting and I was trying to control the...
Yes Steve - our hemlines were seriously at risk walking to the restaurant. Emma in particular was wearing a very full skirt that she was struggling to keep down. Would have been almost impossible in that weather to control an umbrella and my dress, as the brolly would certianly have required both hands. Meant to be calmer this week as regards wind but they are talking about thunderstoms so those might get squally. I dont think I will be straying too far from one of my big...
Emma and I almost got blown away walking to the restaurant at lunchtime, but thankfully we didnt need to use our brollies as the wind really got up. We were sitting near the windows and there was a wild squall about half an hour after we arrived, so we saw a couple of other girls lose the battle with their umbrellas (one folding, one golf size) as they were heading for the restaurant and got caught in the downpour. Drier now so I think we are over the worst of the day.....
Hi Steve Very blowy here today in Brighton and I'm just off out for some lunch with a client at one of the restaurants on the seafront. I brought my stormshield golf umbrella to the office with me this morning, and so will take that although I hope I dont need to use it as its getting really blowy here (gusting 45mph+) . My client has a birdcage umbrella with her but I dont think that will cope with the wind here today, so if it rains we may well both need to battle our...