or Connect

Posts by Lucy J

Sorry just realised I weighed my solid cherry Brigg and not the bark chestnut which may be a little heavier.....That's the problem when you are am umbrellaphile like me - too many to choose from.... 😀☔️
I weighed a few of my umbrellas over the weekend with the following resultsWhangee handle Fox with metal shaft and 8 ribs. 470gSolid cherry Brigg with 8 ribs. 570gJames Smith Swiss frame umbrella with 10 ribs and metal shaft. 580gBrigg golfer with thick metal shaft and 8 double ribs. 870gI was surprised that the JS was heavier than the Brigg. The...
Dark green or dark brown would look good - I have a dark green hickory shafted Fox brolly and it's very "country" - bark handle would also look good. I also have a bark chestnut black Brigg which I love....
Blue Brigg saved me last week as the rain was tropical as I walked home. Fortunately no wind so it was just a case of holding the umbrella vertically and letting the rain cascade off it....Tricky day today as it was bright and sunny for the walk to work but heavy rain and strong winds of 30-35 mph expected later. I've got my pink summer raincoat and have brought my raspberry coloured 10rib Longchamp walking umbrella for later but if the weather is really bad I will use the...
Made it home last night with my LG birdcage before the storm hit but looking at the satellite I don't think I will be so lucky today. Big sturdy brolly looks to be essential and fortunately I have my curved handle bright blue Brigg golfer so that should survive even "large hail".....
Well the James Smith did the job at Ascot. We had a couple of 5-minute downpours so I was glad I had the JS to protect my hat and dress.... We were being corporately entertained and were also all given a golf umbrella by Royal Ascot so I came home with two brollies! In fact the Ascot golf umbrella has become my "office spare" so it's sitting in the corner of my office now. Might need it tonight as they've just issued a weather warning for heavy storms later with torrential...
Current plan is to go with the JS for exactly the reason you describe.... Hopefully if it pours or storms we can find some shelter!! I used to have a Fulton Jumbo but it just couldn't handle the wind in Brighton. The cover is great but as you say, the frame isn't able to hold the cover if the underside of the brolly gets hit even by a moderate gust so I tended not to use it except in an emergency.. I recall it was one of the many umbrellas that were damaged or destroyed...
Off to Ascot on Wednesday and it looks as though an umbrella will be essential. Forecast is for thundery downpours so definitely one of my big umbrellas rather than a little folding one. My outfit is red and black so I think it will have to be one of my black brollies so either cherry solid Brigg, bark chestnut solid Brigg or my 10 rib metal shaft James Smith. Probably a Brigg as they are 27 inch and the JS is 25 so they will give better coverage if there's a...
Sorry to hear that Imogen and Katie blew your Brigg and Fox golfers to destruction Steve! I didn't even try to hold an umbrella against Katie but relied on my waterproof coat, long boots and sou'wester to get me to the office that morning. Even without a brolly it was a struggle to make progress against the storm or violent storm force winds..... She certainly was a bad girl!!I did buy a bark chestnut Brigg solid from Henry Poole when I dropped my Longchamp off in London...
Not sure I agree with your idea that a brolly is female Steve.... We ladies are always entirely charming and hardly ever high maintenance.......