or Connect

Posts by Lucy J

Well the sunshine and heat of the last few days has gone now. Just arrived in the office in Brighton after battling through torrential - even tropical - rain and it's a first outing of the autumn for my black Burberry trench coat and patent black knee boots. No hat today but my black and purple Brigg golf umbrella was absolutely essential. Fortunately no wind - this amount of rain with a gale would have been impossible to cope with even with my Brigg golfer.....
10-rib James Smith umbrella was my saviour on Saturday!! Had a three minute walk from where I parked to the church and it was head down and brolly horizontal against the downpour all the way....
Going to a friends wedding on Saturday afternoon and the forecast is pretty bad - heavy showers with hail and thunder, and winds gusting to 45mph. I know what I'm wearing but will need to choose a raincoat and sturdy brolly on the day when I see how bad it is. Probably my whangee Fox or my James Smith as they are both the slimmer metal shaft but 45mph is towards the top of what I can expect them to withstand!!!
Very heavy rain last night meant I really needed my whangee Fox (which was in my office) as I had gone out earlier without a raincoat!! Still raining this morning with blustery wind so I'm using my 10-rib James Smith with my black Burberry trench for the walk to the office today in Brighton....
Sorry just realised I weighed my solid cherry Brigg and not the bark chestnut which may be a little heavier.....That's the problem when you are am umbrellaphile like me - too many to choose from.... 😀☔️
I weighed a few of my umbrellas over the weekend with the following resultsWhangee handle Fox with metal shaft and 8 ribs. 470gSolid cherry Brigg with 8 ribs. 570gJames Smith Swiss frame umbrella with 10 ribs and metal shaft. 580gBrigg golfer with thick metal shaft and 8 double ribs. 870gI was surprised that the JS was heavier than the Brigg. The...
Dark green or dark brown would look good - I have a dark green hickory shafted Fox brolly and it's very "country" - bark handle would also look good. I also have a bark chestnut black Brigg which I love....
Blue Brigg saved me last week as the rain was tropical as I walked home. Fortunately no wind so it was just a case of holding the umbrella vertically and letting the rain cascade off it....Tricky day today as it was bright and sunny for the walk to work but heavy rain and strong winds of 30-35 mph expected later. I've got my pink summer raincoat and have brought my raspberry coloured 10rib Longchamp walking umbrella for later but if the weather is really bad I will use the...
Made it home last night with my LG birdcage before the storm hit but looking at the satellite I don't think I will be so lucky today. Big sturdy brolly looks to be essential and fortunately I have my curved handle bright blue Brigg golfer so that should survive even "large hail".....
Well the James Smith did the job at Ascot. We had a couple of 5-minute downpours so I was glad I had the JS to protect my hat and dress.... We were being corporately entertained and were also all given a golf umbrella by Royal Ascot so I came home with two brollies! In fact the Ascot golf umbrella has become my "office spare" so it's sitting in the corner of my office now. Might need it tonight as they've just issued a weather warning for heavy storms later with torrential...