or Connect

Posts by Lucy J

Thanks for your support - as possibly the only girl on this thread I sometimes feel I get passed by....I have 4 Burberry trenches now (stone, red and black which I've had for a while plus the new dark blue) but for when the rain is really lashing down I have a purple waterproof raincoat from Mackintosh and also a long black PVC hooded raincape. Haven't tired Aquascutum - are they showerproof or waterproof?
Bought myself a couple of Christmas presents today - was up in London and got a dark blue Burberry trench to wear when I'm carrying my Maglia, and then went to my favourite hat shop and picked up a fur felt fedora in navy as well.... A very expensive afternoon but I'm worth it 👄💅👠👍
First umbrella damage of the winter at the weekend when the gusts of Storm Angus and the lashing rain overwhelmed my solid stick Brigg. I'm actually disappointed in the Brigg because I'm sure the replacement frame was not as sturdy as previously. The original frame lasted me 9 years (plus is was my boyfriends umbrella for a few years before that) but when it was battered in December 2013 it really was in violent storm (almost hurricane) conditions. After that it needed to...
Travelled up to London this morning and carried my new Maglia. Several people commented on it, even when closed. I've used it a couple of times since getting it and it feels pretty sturdy but I don't think I'm going to risk it in Brighton gales for this winter at least.
First test for my Maglia today in blustery showers in Brighton.... Stood up well although it certainly wasn't umbrella-threatening winds - co-ordinated it with my red mac and navy ankle boots.. ☔️❤️
OMG - one of my clients gave me a Maglia umbrella today as a present.. They knew I was an umbrellaphile (is that a real word) and thought it would be a nice gift to mark 5 years working with them. Beautiful navy umbrella with a red stripe pattern. Seems very sturdy but don't know if i will dare risk it in Brighton winds - time will tell......
Well the sunshine and heat of the last few days has gone now. Just arrived in the office in Brighton after battling through torrential - even tropical - rain and it's a first outing of the autumn for my black Burberry trench coat and patent black knee boots. No hat today but my black and purple Brigg golf umbrella was absolutely essential. Fortunately no wind - this amount of rain with a gale would have been impossible to cope with even with my Brigg golfer.....
10-rib James Smith umbrella was my saviour on Saturday!! Had a three minute walk from where I parked to the church and it was head down and brolly horizontal against the downpour all the way....
Going to a friends wedding on Saturday afternoon and the forecast is pretty bad - heavy showers with hail and thunder, and winds gusting to 45mph. I know what I'm wearing but will need to choose a raincoat and sturdy brolly on the day when I see how bad it is. Probably my whangee Fox or my James Smith as they are both the slimmer metal shaft but 45mph is towards the top of what I can expect them to withstand!!!
Very heavy rain last night meant I really needed my whangee Fox (which was in my office) as I had gone out earlier without a raincoat!! Still raining this morning with blustery wind so I'm using my 10-rib James Smith with my black Burberry trench for the walk to the office today in Brighton....