or Connect

Posts by BoomDiggs

Can one of you help me decipher the letters that Carmina uses to denote width? Is EE wider than E, or narrower? How does an E relate to the numbering system we use in the states?
Allen Edmonds has several styles come in narrow sizes.
FWIW I just searched for just "loro".Since you have purchased Linen from Luxire before would you have any advice as to whether you think this particular linen is heavy enough for a suit jacket?
Yup, these ones. I am trying to decide between a Linen suit or a new over coat.
The LP Linen is 5.7 oz. Is that heavy enough for a suit to be made from it? Luxire describes it as good for pants or jackets but it seems pretty light.
I am interested in some boxers.
@emptym and @lefty and anyone's else who has had a jacket made, for that matter. Did you send in a sample jacket for replication? What are the limitations on Luxire's capacity to replicate the "guts" of the jacket? Were you relegated to getting the jackets unstructured?
It is already a cheap jacket. It is a military style jacket I wear in the fall. Breathability isn't a concern, it isn't a sport coat although I would understand why my question was misleading. I just haven't ever had a waxed jacket before and I am concerned that without the buffer of a lining it will always feels greasy and get my shirts waxy. I would like to make it water repellent though.
Would it be a mistake to wax an unlined jacket? Will the wax bleed through and get all over whatever I am wearing?
Can anyone speak to the breathability of the cotton canvas fabrics. I would like an unlined jacket and pants but don't want to spend the money that won't let air pass through easily.