or Connect

Posts by Rolo

Quote: Originally Posted by calvin1663 andy samberg=masters the "i just woke up five minutes ago" haircut But give him props for rockin' a G9.
It's not a shelby.
Quote: Originally Posted by Faded501s ^^^ Right. It seems that if the waist was let out then the back would drape properly and all would be solved...including the length. I don't think so. The side shots don't show the jacket being hiked up in back. It's pretty straight from front to back. I think that the extra inch by going from a regular to a long would make a world of difference. The jacket would still be a bit short, but in a...
First off, I think you can't go wrong with traditional black tie. It's a look that's survived for a reason. That being said, I don't think that there is any problem with breaking the rules for a prom. It's a fun event where the traditional rules don't apply. With that being said, if you do break the rules, make sure you look good. The matching tie? Probably not a good idea. When you look at pictures of people attending formal events, do you ever see anyone other...
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara No, because when girls take you shopping, that means they see you as a non-sexual being. Someone who give them advice on that cute little babydoll top from Forever 21, and not a friend with benefits. Take it from someone who knows. We weren't talking about going shopping. We were talking about wearing what she thinks looks good on you. Two very different things. Also, as someone who can fit...
Jacket is way too short and waist too tight. I think the jacket sleeves are OK, but the shirt sleeves are too long. I'm OK with the chest and shoulders. I wouldn't size up but I would go longer. For example if this were a 38S, I'd look at a 38R or 38L. The vent problem might be resolved with a longer jacket.
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar Timothy Everest and Kilgour are offering suits at £2200 /2300 and that is more in my comfort zone.... Damn. Makes that Everest I picked up for US$100 seem like quite the deal even if all I salvage is the pants.
Quote: Originally Posted by Merckx I recently purchased some shoes that were shipped from England. When I went to the post office to pick up my parcel I was popped for a customs fee. I've purchased shoes from England before that were of equal or greater value than these, but I wasn't charged any customs fee. Any ideas on why I was jacked up this time? You weren't jacked up this time, you were lucky before. Duties are owed on most goods...
Quote: Originally Posted by hopkins_student Sellout. I think you misspelled "wise man".
Fusing is not inherently evil. At your price point, there is nothing wrong with a fused suit (so long as it fits). Indeed, I advocate for spending less on a suit and having enough money to get it altered so it fits well (and having money to buy some decent shoes). A great fitting suit will look like a million bucks even if it is a $200 on sale job from Jos. A Bank. I think that the problem that most folks here with fusing is the lack of value represented by a lot...