or Connect

Posts by dpatsil

Quote: Originally Posted by Krish the Fish By the way, just some observations from the interwebs, but it looks like a lot of packages from overseas are getting confiscated by customs for having contraband in them. I was contemplating buying a box at some point soon, but I think I'm going to wait for this to cool down and there aren't as many people complaining about lost goods... YMMV of course. First off, you never order between Thanksgiving...
I hate to say this but the Bolivars are simply underwhelming anymore. Wow, medium-full you say and you want a CC? That is a tall order as most of the stuff is no longer med-full. I would vote for the Partagas Shorts in Cab 50's. The ones in dress box suck. Oh, I like the San Cristobal Oficios as well. Good luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by pitboss12 I've got a question related to the discussion about CC shipments being confiscated a few pages back. If you receive a notice that you've violated the Trading With Enemies Act or anything else, do those incidents show up in state/federal employment background checks administered by state DOJ or FBI? Or does the gov't have better things to do than log these incidents? They don't link them b/c they can't...
Quote: Originally Posted by PartagasIV Nice! I actually bought four boxes of LGC#3's yesterday since they were on fire sale for being made in 2002...they are good all around. The recent LGC jar RE Cuba smoke is apparently phenominal, but I passed @ $700 a jar. Smoking an 04 Esplendido now. Tons of cream in the opening, and smooth. Perfect burn and construction. When you say "fire sale" are you getting them for cheaper than $120-$130 from...
Quote: Originally Posted by ACDoyle Customs sends you a letter saying the shipment has been confiscated under the Trading with the enemy act. I have had one box confiscated and my brother has had one confiscated and we were not fined or prosecuted etc. I guess if the order is a large one (10+ boxes at a time) then they may prosecute, but otherwise you just loose the cigars. Most mail order places guarantee delivery and they send another box for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaron01 Does anyone know what the fines are for breaking the Trading with the Enemy Act anyways, or do they just confiscate and destroy (smoke) your goods? Technically, you could face up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. However, nobody seems to get that punishment. You may get a threatening letter and confiscation of the goods but that is about it.
I'm assuming you live in Canada so you have the luxury of buying single sticks locally. The fun is in the trying so enjoy. That being said, try San Cristobal. I think it is an underappreciated brand.
So some of you guys are now preferring the smaller ring gauges, huh? Horsecock's don't taste so good anymore, no? Ah, the education continues. Keep smoking. I can't wait to hear what other discoveries you'll trip across.
Tonight was my first time smoking the '04 Wolters Boli Gold Medal. I did not think the Cubans could make an earthy cigar anymore but, wow, this cigar was earthy! It was also medium/full-bodied. I absolutely loved it! This is in stark contrast to the 5 boxes of '07's I had bought. I sampled a few and gave the rest of them away because I was so disappointed in them. They were very mild and had little flavor. You could chalk up the '07's to youth but they should have...
Quote: Originally Posted by fcuknu I really like the Boli RC. It was my first box of cubans ever. I thought I was bad ass. It's similar to the rass, but a little bit more well rounded. They usually are quite a bit too harsh, which is why I was delited how good this one was, it was a youngin too Funny, cuz I think they are way too mild. Milder than most Boli's. The last good Boli RC's I had were from the 1994 vintage. I had someone mule...