or Connect

Posts by mussel

Mis-information from the article: Quote: Another possibility: A tax filer has a yen for foreign investments. Say he owns a dividend-paying foreign stock such as BP, Johnson said. The British government will withhold tax on the dividends that BP pays. To avoid being taxed twice on the dividend, the investor may be able to claim a foreign tax credit on her U.S. income tax return for the amount withheld. That's not true, US and UK have a tax treaty on...
I believe abad=city & istan=country, it should be Londonabad as London is a city not a country.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/04/15...space.shuttle/ So NASA awarded one of the space shuttles to New York's Intrepide Museum. Well the "shuttle" NY was promised to get is not even real. The 3 real shuttles were awarded to Kennedy Space Center in Florida, the California Science Center in LA, and the Smithsonian in DC. So Texas cried foul and ganged up with with bi-partisan representatives in CA, FL to introduce a bill to stealz the fake shuttle from New York and...
Air Frog didn't screw up, the small plane was not supposed to stop where it stopped. It's the the small plane's fault. You didn't emblem youtube link properly, I fixed it for you: IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.    ...
I am curious how many of you, through SF connection, found yourself a job, hired somebody, landed a client, closed a business deal, sold/bought real estate, got someone hired... And have anyone made business connection thru SF local meet-ups? Routine B&S activities don't count.
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Can somebody explain to me what ramen is? I hate to sound like a moron, but other than those styrofoam cups in grade school, ramen has never been part of my world. Seems like you guys love it. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/26/dining/26noodles.html and click on the hand-pulled noodle video clip.
Quote: Originally Posted by tagutcow I don't advertise the fact that I post to SF, no. Although considering that I was quoted in the Wall Street Journal as saying I shave my chest to wear v-neck t-shirts, I suppose I really have nothing to lose. Quote: Originally Posted by imhotep i was the other guy in the article. i had to put up with a lot of shit after that. fucker wasn't real about what he wanted to do the article...
In 20 years, American women will pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to have babies in China.
Weekend Met rush tickets $25 or Weekday Met rush tickets $20 All orchestra seats.
Quote: Originally Posted by sonlegoman I imagine that was $2,000 almost all of it on FS forums and almost al of it personal payments? That's your mistake right there. Me, I sell maybe $2,500 on the feebay and maybe $700 on FS with about 50-60% of that personal payments. The number is going down once I started accepting Google Checkout. I've also started advertising money order and checks (support the USPS!) This is all revenue. The margins on toys...