or Connect

Posts by prozach1576

I thought the first episode was just ok, but it's really picked up and is reaching the kinds of heights I've come to expect from Simon and Burns.
I just finished Rabbit at Rest by John Updike, thus completing, finally, the Rabbit Angstrom novels. Basically my favorite series of books ever. I haven't decided what novel to read next, but on the non-fiction front I'm reading Free Culture by Larry Lessig, one of my favorite thinkers out there.
Currently reading: Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins Tried and failed to read GR about a year ago, but I feel better prepared now and am really enjoying it. I love his first two books.
Quote: Originally Posted by limping_decorum One of my favorites from him. Two more Ross Macdonald books, The Instant Enemy and The Blue Hammer. I finished it yesterday. It was excellent...you can really feel his presence behind the second season of The Wire. Currently reading Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov. Should be a hell of a ride.
Quote: Originally Posted by aportnoy In this order Wild and the Innocent Born to Run Darkness The River Greetings Tunnel of Love Nebraska Born in the USA Yes yes yes, agree with this list exactly.
Springsteen bootlegs from any show on the Darkness Tour in '78, especially some of the radio recordings. And the Hammersmith Odeon 1975 show that got released with the Born to Run reissue is my favorite live recording ever.
Although to be fair, I watched the entirety of The Wire between a marathon of the first two seasons of BSG and the premiere of the third, so now all other TV shows basically suck and I'm hypercritical.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arethusa Lame. The first four episodes of season 3 were excellent. Then it was twelve episodes of unforgivable garbage. Yeah, I mean there have been plenty of good episodes in the last season and a half, I just think the show lost its way overall. Obviously part of this was pressure from NBC/Universal to make some standalone episodes that unfamiliar viewers could get into, but even the story arc episodes have...
Currently reading The Big Blowdown by George Pelecanos.
Currently on my third run through The Wire...I don't think it will ever get old. I bet I'll be rewatching it for years to come.