or Connect

Posts by Alcibiades

Funny, I own this boot too and it is the only boot I didn't include in my candidates for sale. I wear it more or less every week during the fall and winter and it is my most versatile (I wear it with anything from charcoal dress trousers to denim).
We need this model in all of the shell colors
I was at a wedding this weekend and two attendees were wearing the same model of shoes I was - color 8 full straps. Good stuff Given how little I wear boots nowadays, I'm trying to whittle my boot collection down to three... Pick two of these four to sell: Cigar Indy Color 8 Wingtip Boot CXL Indy Choco Tanker These are all for weekend / casual wear from fall through spring. All are on commando.
Honestly I could see both having a place. 990 for fall/winter and for occasional suit wear, Dover for spring/summer.
I am selling these Gaziano and Girling wholecut balmoral oxfords. The color is "vintage rioja" (a wine/burgundy color) and they are sized 9.5F in UK sizing, which equates to 10E or 10 Wide in US sizing. These were purchased made to order via Leffot last year. I have worn them under 10 times and they haven't really been worn much as I am wearing other burgundy shoes more. Looking to sell these and used the funds to buy a truer brown shoe. As you can see, there is a...
Maybe one of the last times I wear boots until September...
Want: Natural CXL boot (Tanker, punch captoe, etc) 9901 Color 8 straight tip balmoral Snuff V-Tip (I already have the snuff plaza wing tips but these v tips look amazing). Over time my Alden tastes haves evolved... Simple dress shoes during week, casual styles (suede, CXL) for Friday/weekend. Fancier boots (cigar Indy, chock tanker) for fall winter.
In honor of Mac, in his absence: my most worn Alden shoe
I need to spend more time on this thread - I miss shots like these
I love Alden's tan suede, but for me, it's a spring/summer material. I wear tan suede at least weekly in the summer (typically barefoot or with no show socks). The suede still looks nice. One of my first pairs of Alden shoes was the tan unlined PTB from J Crew. I sold them a while back but would buy another pair in an E width.The suede unlined chukka in snuff is a classic. I have it and should wear it more often. IMO, this shoe looks better as you get it a bit dirtier....