or Connect

Posts by Alcibiades

I was close to 30 and have now downsized to about 12 or so. I could add one or two more, but I will stay in this range. For me the key was observing what I actually wear, what goes well with my outfits and what people compliment me on. For example, I've owned a ton of cordovan longwings, but I rarely wore them - in the winter, I would wear boots and in the summer, I would wear suede. So currently I own none (the only two I would buy are black and color 8 at this point). I...
FYI - I highly recommend the J Gilbert snuff suede shortwings for those interested. I wear them weekly from spring through fall, more often than almost any cordovan blucher I own. They seem to have a lot of sizes in stock.
My single favorite Alden model.
I will try to find lighting where the shoes look bluer. Duly noted on the cuffs suggestion
Since I purchased this Air Force blue suit from J Crew (they call it "harbor blue"), I'm wearing my midnight blue EGs a bit more. Thoughts on this combo?
I would have advised commando but I love your boots anyway (I owned both commando and leather soled boots and the commando is incredibly useful in NYC winters)
Thanks - I used to post 400/800 with my old phone... I switched to 800/1600, which fixed itYeah, my RL Marlows have served me well over the past few years, but I don't wear them that often anymore - they don't really go with my suits and I reach for other shoes (like the cigar long wings) when going casual. Trying to rationalize the "casual blucher" lineup as we head into spring.
The cordovan SW or suede SW? Cordovan is RL
Also, is anyone having issues posting photos using the iPhone 6+? My photos appear grainy now until you click on them...
If you had to sell one out of this bunch, which would it be