or Connect

Posts by Newcomer

I broke out the Pappy 20 for my best friend's engagement. I poured him and I each a few fingers. He downed it, one gulp. I almost hit him.
Extremely candid shot. A wedding in Charleston. From NMWA, we got Formosa, Inglese, and Drakes.
Haven't been around the watch scene in a little while, but still stay up to date. Been reading about the state of the industry, and it appears - thankfully - that we may have hit "peak watch," and we are regressing in terms of pricing. I am finally starting to feel the itch again. Haven't bought a watch since the MUT Moon in... 2013? Hope all is well around here, may have to start posting in these parts again.
The new place! Not too bad, if I do say so myself! And across the street - golf course in the center of town.
Closing on my first house soon. Finally, I think I think this one is going to work out. Now, I am terrified. But glad I am soon to be able to post on this thread .
Very cool! How much were the elephant Chukkas?
I use Despos, and he is superb, but again, if it is out of your price range, not much you can do about that! For $750 to $1,000, not certain just how much you can get "custom." A lot of "custom" shops - aside from Mr. Ned, and a few other exceptions - will simply farm out the suit to a 3P after taking measurements. In some ways, you are often better at looking RTW, if you are an easy enough fit. With custom - especially inexpensive custom - comes a whole lot of risk. ...
Out of curiosity, why are you returning Moss? Looks great.
Hopefully some of the Solaro folks return theirs
Missed it.