or Connect

Posts by mack11211

FINAL HOUR Auctions close at 10 PM EST! Find them all here:
Apparel Arts, Raf Simons, Turist, Hermes, Savile Row bespoke, Church's blue suede loafers, Irish tweed top coats on ebay (175 items!) Dear Folks: A fantastic list this week. Two separate auctions for vintage editions of Apparel Arts, one from the pit of the Depression and one from a few years later when good times were beginning to return. Bespoke from Savile Row in London and 57th Street in New York. Trad tweed sacks from Brooks Brothers and the horsiest of the New...
FINAL HOURSAll auctions close 10PM EST!Find them all here:
Apparel Arts, Buckshot Brogues, Brooks tweed sacks, Prada fur lined leather coat, Loro Piana cashmere on ebay (150 listings) Dear Folks: This week, a choice selection of rare, beautiful, classic and useful items. Rarities include a 1938 issue of Apparel Arts , the “Back to School” issue, with all its original swatches. If you wish, you can see every page here: Bidding starts at less than $10. Others include a pair of the Gieves & Hawkes “Buckshot Brogues,” and an...
RLPL and Loro Piana cashmere, Belgian Shoes, Prada leather & Polo RL camel hair outerwear, NWT Phineas Cole, APC on ebay (150 listings) ending TONIGHT! Dear Folks: This week, a fantastic list of some of the most luxurious items I have ever listed! A pure cashmere Loro Piana robe. A 3pc pure cashmere striped suit by RLPL A green marbled silk robe made for the Alan Flusser Custom Shop. A fur-lined leather coat by Prada Milano. I could go on... And amidst and amongst...
Ending TONIGHT: Rare Golden Age 1938 APPAREL ARTS! Dear Folks: I goofed -- I set the auction wrong! So the July August 1938 Apparel Arts (Vol 9, #1) that I have listed ends TONIGHT 10 PM EST, rather than Sunday night. I feel bad because I priced it like a standard 10 day auction, with bidding starting at 99 cents. It's still quite low, and there are only about 10 hours to the close! This issue is a beauty, full of vintage ads and classic illustrations, many in...
Final hours! Dozens of auctions close at 10 PM EST!Find them all here:
RLPL cashmere, Savile Row bespoke, Luciano Barbera Sartoriale, Alan Flusser Custom on ebay (150 items!) Dear Folks: This week a new selection of tailored clothing from the best makers in England, Italy and the USA. From Italy, cashmere coats made by St Andrews for the top Sartoriale line of Luciano Barbera, a tan twill topcoat by Canali, and a three piece striped cashmere suit made for Ralph Lauren Purple Label. From England, a classic blue rope-striped suit by...
FINAL FINAL HOURS ALL REMAINING AUCTIONS close this evening! Find them all here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/mack11211/m.html
Greens and oranges can be worn well by men, at least European men.No, it's not a "regular men's outfit," but sometimes in one's wardrobe, or in one's merchandising, a little irregularity can be nice That said, I have a bright orange long coat (of another wool cloth) and wear it rarely. A green loden cloth coat, not too far from the Casentino forest green, I wear more often.Perhaps NoMaWA will offer more colors in future seasons.