or Connect

Posts by mack11211

SPRING BREAK SALE -- 30% OFF OVER 120 ITEMS Also: Raphael Savile Row, English Cut, Alan Flusser Custom, Paul Stuart, etc on ebay (250 items!) Dear Folks: This week, a giant group of coats and suits from Raphael Savile Row, one of NY's most legendary custom tailors. Raphael was Alan Flusser's master tailor decades ago during his first and greatest fame, and afterwards has practices soft tailoring from his own midtown workrooms. Raphael items on offer include odd vests,...
RLPL Edward Green, Raphael Savile Row, New & Lingwood, BB sacks, etc. on ebay (250 listings!) Dear Folks: This week, a small, select list of shoes and boots, winter and summer suits, and sport coats. For summer, a cool blue linen coat from master tailor Raphael of New York, or a seersucker sack suit from Brooks Brothers. For winter, a sensational cashmere and wool Donegal tweed suit by Belvest for Davide Cenci. The shoe selection includes Ralph Lauren Purple Label...
Stop that tut-tutting! This is not a deal for Norman Hilton clothing, otherwise they would have said so. Nick Hilton (son of Norman) had his own "NH 1988" RTW business that did well in the 90s. The package deal may be for suiting from his own patterns...who knows. He's had the shop in Princeton for about 15 years at least. I think his Norman Hilton revival did not go very far. Just two or three seasons. Now the website seems to be gone. They got into the Ivy League...
Gaziano & Girling, Alden, Testoni, Polo RL, Gucci, Alan Flusser Custom on ebay (250 listings!) Dear Folks: This week, a great shoe selection including vivid boots and loafers in orange and green. Starting bids are low, and always include domestic shipping. Auctions end Sunday 10 PM EST -- that's tonight! Some the tastiest: SUPERB JOHNSTON & MURPHY Italy brown DRESS BOOTS 8.5 us 41.5 eu...
I just wrote the seller, who repliedCaveat Emptor.
I remember that store. That's how Soho was cool in the 80s and 90s before it became a mall. NR was on Spring St between Bway and Mercer. The only time I could afford to buy their stuff new was at the closing sale in 1999, but last week I won an auction for a NR vest with striped piping
Closing this evening35 auctions close this evening!Find them all here:
Golden Age Apparel Arts, Alan Flusser Custom, Fallan & Harvey, Paul Stuart, Hickey Freeman, Polo RL Paul Smith, etc on ebay (250 items!) Dear Folks: A great list this week. Suits from Alan Flusser's own master tailor, John Tudor, in a vintage worsted he saved for himself, with others from Bernard Weatherill, Paul Stuart, classic BB and contemporary Marzotto and Giorgio Armani's top Borgonuovo 21 line. Coats from the Flusser Custom shop in windowpane worsteds and...
Like this?The man can dance.
I round down to list in the next even size. I don't list in odd sizes; fewer people look in them. If in doubt, choose the smaller size for the listing. Guys complain more often if a coat is too tight than if it is too loose. And of course always include both measurements and original label size in the listing, while noting that pre-owned garments may have been altered, etc.