or Connect

Posts by mack11211

Final hour Final hour for over a dozen auctions! Also: just added: 70 NWT formal shirts from J Press, wing or point collar, all sizes! From J Press: $130. From me: $39.99. Find all J Press formal shirt listings here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360655548203&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT Find all listings here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/mack11211/m.html
NWT J Press, RLPL, Henry Poole, Fallan & Harvey, NY bespoke on ebay (285 items!) Dear Folks: This week, a giant selection of bespoke coats and suits from the best houses in the USA and England. American labels include Alan Flusser and Anthony Zanghi/Herzfeld of New York, and Albert Mariani of Los Angeles (tailor to Humphrey Bogart and Ronald Reegan), English labels include Fallan & Harvey, Kilgour, French & Stanbury, Alan Bennett, and Henry Poole. There is also fine...
The issue with me for a lot of these FU plaid coats of the 70s is that construction is often poor; specifically, they have stiff fusing. This detracts from the pleasure of wearing a coat. Around the turn of the decade (60s into 70s) fusing seems to have entered middle-market coat production in a big way. I don't know if these coats were stiff to begin with, but now, 40 years later, they very much are (the chemical composition changes, just like the glue binding old...
Some of the larger format patterns recall the late 60s or early 70s, when lapels widened and larger collars and suit fabric patterns became popular as well.
Just listed a suit with the same label.Listing includes a link to an article about "Reagan's Tailor" from 1987.
Final HoursOver 30 auctions end at 10 PM EST!Find them all here:http://www.ebay.com/sch/mack11211/m.html
Without going too far off-topic, let me correct this correction.The last good Huntsman RTW was sometimes made for them in England by the old Chester Barrie, and sometimes made for them in Italy by someone else.Current Chester Barrie, as RJMan notes, has little in common with the old except some intellectual property.Some of the old Chester Barrie staff & skill survives under the deliberately CB-sounding name of Cheshire Bespoke, still made in Crewe, England.Back on topic:...
The DB jacket detail shots include a client label with his name on it, so it's bespoke. Suspect it's the same DB coat, it' s just hard to see the herringbone at that resolution.
Domenico Vacca, RLPL velvet, NWT Oxxford, Alan Flusser Custon on ebay (300 items!) Dear Folks: This week, a giant selection of items from the Alan Flusser Custom shop, with more to come. Listed now: about two dozen dress shirts in superlatively silky smooth broadcloths and rich twills. These shirts retailed for $450 and up. My prices start at $35. Also new: two RLPL velvet dinner jackets new with tags, one black and one blue. And a super 140s tan gabardine suit made...
For those of you who want some Smalto bespoke on the cheap, I'm selling one here: Made for the same client as the one JefferyD dissected. I've sold hundreds of bespoke coats, examining them all. The Smalto really is a beautifully made garment.