or Connect

Posts by mack11211

Vass Cordovan, Belgian Shoes, Polo RL, RLPL, J Peterman, Paul Stuart on ebay (200 items!) Dear Folks: This week it's all about the shoes: austerity brogues from Vass, pebble grain derbies from the English maker of Polo Ralph Lauren, and other superb oxfords and slip ons from Barneys NY, Peter Flowers, Mauri, and others. The pair of balmoral boots from Grenson for Paul Stuart is superb -- if they were only my size.... Starting bids are low and include domestic...
Drakes, Flat Head, RLPL, Dormeuil, BBBF, Paul Stuart, Eton, Epaulet, Battistoni, Chipp tussah silk on ebay (250 items!) Dear Folks: A great late summer and early fall selection this week. Tussah silk from Paul Winston of Chipp, both by the coat length and made up into one great coat. Newly listed ties from Drakes, RLPL, Eton, Sulka, Battistoni, Oxxford, and others. Great trousers from Donnananna, Epaulet, and Polo RL. Starting bids are low, and always include...
Dear Folks: Sorry if this has been discussed earlier but: As we all know, new seller standards take effect Aug 20. Many things that should not be counted as 'defects' are counted and may push some current Top Rated sellers out of that category. And there is no way to contest these 'defect' designations, although some customer service reps tell me they are scheduled to get training this week on how to do this. Like many of us, I've been tracking my 'defects' very...
FINAL HOURSAll auctions end 10 PM EST!Find'em all here:
J PRESS COAT, PANT & SUIT SALE -- going, going... The great J Press sale continues! This past week, my selection was featured on the Ebay Roundup of Put This On. This drives web traffic, views and sales. I could see the number of people watching each item rise markedly as soon as the ebay tip sheet post went up. Sales began to follow almost immediately. One buyer had become an ebay member that very day, simply in order to take advantage of the sale. He didn't want...
Iron Heart, Self Edge, RL Blue Label, Nino Corvato, J Keydge, NWT J Press massive sale on ebay (250 items!) Dear Folks: This week, a giant group of the NWT J press sport coats move to Ebay. Values up to $850, now with opening bids of $74.99. If you see one you like, just contact me and I will end the auction. There are also sensational shirts from SW&D favorites Iron Heart and Self Edge, and summery linen and gabardine coats from Eredi Ridelli, NYC bespoke master Nino...
Hermes, Maurice Sedwell Savile Row, Adrian Jules and MASSIVE J PRESS SUIT & COAT SALE This week: a fine selection of coats from Hermes, Maurice Sedwell Bespoke, Paul Stuart, Alan Flusser/Adrian Jules and Corneliani. Starting prices are low, and always include free domestic shipping. All auctions close Sunday night 10 PM EST. I also have over 100 NWT J Press items listed, including formal shirts, 'office pants,', sport coats and suits, all at massive discounts and with...
GIANT NWT J PRESS SALE over 200 items with SPECIAL FORUM BONUS Dear Folks: The upload is complete: Over 50 sport coats in sizes 40S to 48L. Retail up to $850. My price: $99.99 for any one. A selection: Find all J Press items...
Those tattersall patterns are more traditionally used for odd vests, but you could do a SC I suppose.Also depends on the pattern size.
Brooks Brothers used to have three departments that did what we call customization. The was full custom/bespoke with the 'custom' label, and also with the main line there was the 'special order' department that was MTM. 346 was a junior or starter line, with no relation to the current outlet store house label. "Special Cutting" was MTM for 346. I've sold a lot of mainline and 346 tailored clothing from this period and it's hard to tell the difference.HSM held a very...