or Connect

Posts by amce

Quote: Originally Posted by Sharpe I know i've asked something relatively similar before, but what would be the best colour to go with dark indigo jeans? Black looks too pedestrian, but i'm not sure any of the browns look much better for some reason. In jeans I wear only standard 501's. IMHO all my leathers, chestnut, black and mock croc, look great with them. Jeans washed and boots polished of course. You can't go wrong. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by Alek Where can I buy some leather pants, that are skin tight, or atleast very snug? Nowhere, one would hope. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedBird Get a order from australia and have then post it to your hotel in Malaysia. Give then plenty of time so it will clear customs and have the package waiting on your arrival. Atleast you can save on postal costs. Sure could but this time I'm in a touchy-feely mood. Want to compare a little too. Cheers
Won't be making it all the way down to Oz anymore this year. Malaysia will be as close as I get. Anyone out there know anything about the availability of and the price situation for RMs in Kuala Lumpur? Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by wosk Hehe, well I'm in Lund / Malmö actually so you can't really get more of the slush/no snow/salt weather than here I see you own quite a few pairs of RMW:s. As the man a few posts up asks, is the sizing for the comfort the same as the Blaxland or the normal Craftsman (since those are the only ones I've been able to try around here). If it's all the same I'll probably go for the comfort since it seems to be the upgrade for...
Quote: Originally Posted by wosk Oh: And what is better for taking a beating in the Swedish winter, kangaroo or yearling? Price difference isn't that big so I really want the one that will hold the longest. Sincerly Oskar Don't think any Chelsea boot is made for pulsing through snow drifts in Kiruna or Luleå. I live in the South where road salt is used more liberally and some winters aren't even white. My CC Yearling function perfectly....
Quote: Originally Posted by stanford88 This may be a dumb question but I ran through the thread and didn't see a good answer. Will it be significantly cheaper to buy the boots in Sydney or have them shipped to the US? From what I gather, the price is the same. Shipping would be the difference. Thanks! Checked the RMW webshop. A pair of Comfort Craftsman in yearling leather cost AUD 369.95 including sales tax but excluding shipping. No...
Quote: Originally Posted by factorial My only concern is that I put in just some standard cedar shoe trees and they seemed to scratch up the leather inners on the heel. Anyone have a recommendation for a cheap pair of trees available in the US that won't mess these up? I have three pairs of RM's trees and three of a no-name variety I purchased from a cobbler. The no-names have a full heel and a split toe. IIRC RM's trees are made by a...
Quote: Originally Posted by factorial Also, what's a good polish to use on these in Chestnut? I really like how they look now and I'd like to keep them with a similar shine (though I don't mind, of course, if I get a bit of patina). Any suggestions? I see that some of you use the RM Williams Leather conditioner and polish, so if that's my only/best option there I guess I'll just have to suck it up and eat the cost of shipping them from...
Quote: Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley I picked up my pair for $80 Think P of P got hold of a prototype pair made out of mock croc cardboard . I ordered mine (CC sole) from bootsonline. 325 Aussie bucks plus shipping to Sweden. Set me back a total of $AUD 383 but I've got the best looking pair of boots in town! Cheers