or Connect

Posts by amce

Quote: Originally Posted by wosk Oh, what shoe trees do you people use for your craftsman? Right now I'm only using a pair of cedar wood but on a spring. I'm thinking about what to buy (expensive shipping costs on the buggers). I have two types: a no-name, split toe, full heel that I found at a cobbler here in Sweden. I like these a lot. Then I have the model that RMW sells. These have neither the split toe nor the full heel but the high...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWraith Which is something I need to do...get off my butt and get some boot trees for my HBC's. Wraith, you of all people! No boot trees. I thought better of you. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharpe I'm a bit of a newbie, so can someone explain why it's important to rotate boots with another pair? What's wrong with wearing them every day? Do they need time to breath between wearings for some reason? Main reason: sweaty feet. Your feet give off quite a lot of moisture in the form of sweat. This is absorbed by the leather. Your boots need time to dry out between wearings. Make sure you get some red...
Quote: Originally Posted by rayuela I tried on Craftsman and Comfort Craftsman in the store and was told to go up one widt on the CC. Just received a pair from Nungar and are liking them very much. I am used to wearing Blundstones a lot and the Craftsman was just too stiff feeling to me for everyday wear compared to what I'm used to. I find the CC to be very comfortable. Only problem is I want to wear them everyday but need another pair to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyman I think that the technique of burning the polish a little with a lighter is quite common in the armed forces. I don't know whether it really works or not, but the theory is that by taking a lighter to the polish before applying it, it burns off some of the ingredients (alcohol, perhaps?) in the polish, and it makes it easier to get a high shine. Yep, used to do it like that back in my army cadet days. Lit...
Hi You've convinced me. Just placed an order for OTC's while having Sunday breakfast. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by stanford88 I just received my two pairs of Craftsman...1 Comfort in Chestnut and 1 Kangeroo in Black! So excited!!! Thanks everyone for your help and advice! The forum sizing tool really worked. Congrats. Some nice pics would surely be appreciated by all of us. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by DrZRM accidentally received a screwed comfort sole version (I didn't know they did the comfort sole with screws, so I had not specified leather on the final order email though I'd mentioned it on the original request I made. They handled the exchange very well) and just didn't like how thick and clunky it looked, and it felt too padded for me. I returned them, and eventually got the boot I wanted. I once enquired...
Can't wait for the pics, Wraith. The Yearling is a nice looking boot, judging from the pic on RMW's website. Thank God Baxter redid their site. The HB looks really nice. I'm trying hard to rationalize a seventh pair of boots. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWraith Bought my wife a fine pair of Yearling RMW boots over the weekend from the George Street store. She looked really marvelous in them Good on you, Wraith. What model, what last, what heel, what colour? Details please. Cheers