or Connect

Posts by amce

Quote: Originally Posted by BareSolid Has anyone any experience ordering with this company? They are based in Turkey and provide very cheap socks (around £2.50 per pair) in cotton lisle. Long socks (over the calf) are also sold but we don't really wear those much in England. I ordered two pairs, in green and claret in size 43 (which I believe to be a British size 9). I shall give a review when I get them. Check out this...
I am a weak, despicable being without character and resolve. All these recent posts about about CC's and Blaxlands. Expounding the Blaxland as being less chunky than the CC, being more true to the leather in and outsole Craftsman. Is it true? Are they right? Gnawing away at me, disturbing my sleep. Finally I succumbed. My children are unfed, the rent is unpaid but at this very moment a pair of Blaxlands are winging their way North from the Antipodes. Cheers from a weak...
Quote: Originally Posted by Beast Mode I did not pick up boot trees from RM Williams when ordering my boots. I have read that the trees are made by Rochester Shoe Tree co. but they have many modelsof trees. Which one is for CC boots? Your answer is just a click away: http://www.onecedarlane.com/detail.p...&catid=3&sort= Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by designprofessor I don't think its a good thing that they kinda blend in with the camouflage.... Just the opposite. That way you can't see'm. Cheers
The C&J is not a whole-cut. Have you checked the RMW thread: "RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know"? Tons of pics there. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by Tck13 Uh oh. I just went to order a couple of pairs from bootsonline and it doesn't look like they carry 11 F's. (My American shoe size is 12 but I wear 11 F in Craftsmans...) I emailed them to see if they'll be able to send them but I doubt it. Any other ways of getting them from Austrailia? You can get virtually any combination you want if you go MTO. Download RMW's catalogue from their website and check out...
Quote: Originally Posted by Avebury Any experts here? I suspect C&J has the better leather, but the RMW "Comfort Craftsman" is such a damn fine boot - one piece of leather and all that. Anyway, any advice appreciated. Have no experience with C&J but RMW offer a selection of leathers if you want to go down the MTO path. And as you say: their whole-cuts are damn fine boots. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by coltboy75 I have read that Allen Edmonds are good are "molding" to the shape of your foot. If this is correct, it seems a disadvantage of buying the shoes used. I have found a used pair on ebay that I like and they look to have life in them before a recrafting. Please give me your thoughts. Despite the fact that leather shoes definitely mould to the wearers' feet and will not be comfortable, the thought of taking...
Quote: Originally Posted by @matthew How do you think these would be on a 6 week Europe (winter) trip acting as my main shoes? As I need something comfortable and also that looks good. Also would these be good for walking all day? The CC will be perfect. I live in Southern Sweden and I wear my CC's every day all year round unless there's a blizzard outside (a rare thing these days)in which case I wear my Meindl Island Pro hiking boots with a...
Have tried my Viccel OTC's. I have always been a little wary of cotton socks but I must say that I like these. Quite sheer, in mercerized cotton, they fit nicely and feel good. Hard to tell that your wearing long ones. I've tested two pairs, both before and after washing. Unfortunately they do slide down over the calf a couple of times during the day. Reported this to Viccel. They suggested that I might have a longer calf than normal and are sending me 5 new pairs of a...